Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, in bright sunny weather, my wipers (set to auto-rain detection) suddenly came on (high speed). I tried several things to get them to stop, and they didn't stop until I turned the dial all the way past slow to off. Then, I ran through the carwash, and noticed afterward my one-off wiper cycle button no longer activated my wipers, in fact, they would only come on when turned to the highest speed. I don't recall what position I left the switch in, but they suddenly came on again today in dry weather, on high, and this time wouldn't turn off. I ran the switch back and forth several times and pushed the button, and they finally stopped, and seemed to return to normal functioning. I've read a couple of other posts with one or two of these symptoms, but not all of them, and they all seem to have different suggested solutions, but no confirmed solution.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yesterday, in bright sunny weather, my wipers (set to auto-rain detection) suddenly came on (high speed). I tried several things to get them to stop, and they didn't stop until I turned the dial all the way past slow to off. Then, I ran through the carwash, and noticed afterward my one-off wiper cycle button no longer activated my wipers, in fact, they would only come on when turned to the highest speed. I don't recall what position I left the switch in, but they suddenly came on again today in dry weather, on high, and this time wouldn't turn off. I ran the switch back and forth several times and pushed the button, and they finally stopped, and seemed to return to normal functioning. I've read a couple of other posts with one or two of these symptoms, but not all of them, and they all seem to have different suggested solutions, but no confirmed solution.

Anyone know?
Now my washer pump is running non-stop, which is making me now suspect it's not the wiper motor, but maybe a relay or the MFS?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE: After replacing MFS (turn signal & wiper stalk) - didn't fix it, and changing wiper relay in fuse box - didn't fix it, I replaced the wiper motor along with the wiper arm transmission, and that fixed it. It all works perfectly now. It was the wiper motor. Turns out - there is a relay in the wiper motor for the washer pump, and other logic. So, even though the MFS seems to be the brains of the wiper system, it really isn't - it's all in the wiper motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts