Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, for some time now, whenever I go to use my wipers, sometimes when I use them they will not come on at all. Like if I want to wash my window, I press the button, and sometimes it works, and sometimes it dosen't. Or I set the delay wipe, and that function dosen't work right, the wipers don't wipe at a steady speed, they very.This happens sometimes when I just use the wipe part and not the sprayer. Has anyone else experienced this problem before?

Thanks
Adam

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have you cleaned the inside of your multifunction switch? I have not had the problem you describe, but the problem sounds like an intermitant power interruption. This problem could be caused by dirty contacts in the switch. Also, there are three little wires, in the switch, that supply the wiper/washer control. They bend every time you signal a turn. One broke on my 97 wagon and the washer did not work until I resoldered the wire. You may get away with just taking the end cap off the washer wiper control and cleaning the contacts.

·
Premium Member
7,308 Posts
Definately sounds like the multi function switch. Replaced one in a 94 Taurus and 95 Sable. Dealer prices aren't too bad. They lowered the price a few years ago because of the higher demand for them.The chiltons manual tells you how to replace it and there was another post on this not very long ago where one of our members wrote out the installation process.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the posts guys, I'll take a look at the switch and see if all it needs is a good cleaning.

Adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts