Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
try a squeegee and see if it has the same effect on the windshield as the wipers. if it cleans the window with no haze issue then you need new wiper arms. you can pick them up at autozone for like $20 each iirc.
if the haze is still there with the squeegee then stop and see ione of the chip repair places. they have a compound that they rub on the windshield to remove build up. almost like a fine sanding compound. it should do the trick and clear it right up and add a nice shine to the glass.

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
I can't seem to get a clean wipe.

1999 Taurus

Have tried multiple blades, (now Valeo 600) and have cleaned the windshield thoroughly (today with Rain-X X-treme Clean)

Result is a hazy, streaky wipe.

Any good ideas?

Thanks.
Try cleaning the wiper blades with household ammonia and the glass also.

Wear rubber gloves.

Ammonia is a gas dissolved in water and is a strong solvent. It evaporates and leaves no residue.

It has been drizzling here for days. One wiper was chattering and I wiped it down with ammonia and a cloth and it fixed it. Had to do it in the rain.

-chart-

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had this problem on my 1991 pickup truck. The problem for me was tiny (nearly invisible) chips and dings all over the windshield. The wipers could not remove the water in the dings and the wiper blades just smeared everything badly. It was nearly impossible to drive in the rain at night. I had the windshield replaced because of a large ding/crack and the smearing went away.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hope that's what my problem is as well. New blade on my side and really bad miss when wiper comes back towards the A pillar. >:-(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts