Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wipers are working fine, but they always park at the top unless I fiddle with the MFS. I read on another thread someone fixed a similar issue by replacing the wiper park relay. This was in a '99 & I'm in a '95. Do I have the same relay & if so where is it?
Thank you,
Gator

·
Super Moderator
7,685 Posts
I vote motor. There are switch contacts inside the motor that get dirty / corroded and fail to provide contact causing a no park condition.

I assume this just started and the wipers parked correctly when you got the car?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Motor is my bet.
My dodge has a park problem and a delay problem - it's from a poor contact on the park brush ( it never knows when it's parked).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeff, the wipers never parked correctly since I've had it (4 months). I've just been dealing with it & reminding myself its 21 yrs old & cost me $500.
Sheila, I was leaning that way myself, but the people have spoken.
If its the motor, replace or maybe get away with a clean & lube? New or salvage yard? My window motor was not happy with the clean & lube it got, but its getting better.
Thanks for the help,
Gator

·
Super Moderator
7,685 Posts
Any chance the PO had the motor out and/or the wiper arms off and didnt reassemble it correctly (i.e., out of phase) so the wipers always at the max of the sweep?

FYI, G2 wipers are "depressed park", meaning they retract below the hood line when turned off.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeff,
I don't think that is something he would have done. They always stop at the top, but after I fiddle with it, the wipers will fully depress down to the stops.
Gator

·
Super Moderator
7,685 Posts
Could always try taking the motor apart and cleaning up the sliding contacts inside and see if you can get it to work right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Tater1985
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing