Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First the wipers would turn on by them self when driving on a sunny day. So i went to the junk yard and replaced the wiper switch from another car and that stopped the wipers from turning on by them self, now the problem is they only work in the high position and the delay does not work so i went back to the junk yard and got another one its the same thing. Any info would help.

·
Registered
955 Posts
If you look in the Topic Finder there is a procedure to pull apart the wiper assembly and relube that delay area. Either yours went bad and the junkyard was a bad one, or they both needed some new grease in there.

·
Registered
23,577 Posts
Or change out the relays in the relay box between the battery and left front fender with some like ones sourced from a self service salvage yard. Wiper hi/lo, wiper park and washer motor relays are contained within, but not sure of location (position). Iirc, they may be the 3 closest to the headlight with the hi/lo relay being in the middle of these 3 (next to the end). I simply swapped out all in the box to solve my similar wiper issues on my 2 99s. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
First the wipers would turn on by them self when driving on a sunny day. So i went to the junk yard and replaced the wiper switch from another car and that stopped the wipers from turning on by them self, now the problem is they only work in the high position and the delay does not work so i went back to the junk yard and got another one its the same thing. Any info would help.
I just started having this same issue in my 2013 Taurus. Were you able to resolve it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts