Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 taurus wagon and the wipers are on almost all of the time now. It is driving me nuts. I am looking for a good working wiper/blinker switch that mounts on the steering column. Let me know if you have one and how much shipped to 56001. thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I believe this is a common problem. I also had this problem and switching out the multi-function switch did nothing to correct it.

·
Registered
23,391 Posts
Dont know if it would help your situation, but the rect.-shaped taped relay box between the battery and left front fender contains (but not marked or identified) the wiper park and the wiper hi-lo relays. Ive changed out all 5-6 relays inside with pick n pull replacements and solved 2 probs.: 1 - wipers stalling midstroke. 2 - wipers jumping to hi from a selected intermittent setting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got the part today and installed it. now the wipers dont go off randomly, but they only work on the highest setting.

·
Registered
63 Posts
We just had a wiper problem start this morning. Wipers worked fine yesteday, but today - they simply won't turn on using any setting (any delay, lo or hi)!

Checked the fuse and it's fine (didn't change it though, maybe I could try it to be sure).

But those relays under the hood - are they identifiable as to location and which is for the wipers? I'm going to step out and check ours out.

Any other suggestions are welcome. I may open a new post if this doesn't work. I saw one suggestion online (fixya.com) that said the motor was out. Could be that too, but wondered if it was something other than that. Don't want to replace the motor to find out they still don't work.

·
Registered
23,391 Posts
I wasnt able to id them (box between the batt. lf fender). I checked owners manual, box cover, online and even a couple of dealership parts and service depts. Even they could not or would not id them. Box contains 5-6 relays. Went to pick n pull and got enough to replace them all. End result, 2 diff. wiper probs. solved! One fact id discovered is that the wiper hi-lo and wiper park relays are contained within.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts