Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bit the bullet and paid the price for a set of Bosch Icon wiper blades. Well worth the price. Smooth...quiet and clean. So far the best wiper blade out of the box I ever bought. Advance Auto Parts has a deal of $6 off a set right now.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
The beam type blades are very good compared to the standard blades, that's why you pay the higher price for them. I have a set on my Windstar that have been on it since I bought the van which was in October 2011. The yellow "wear indicators" have been bright for the past 5 months and they work perfectly. The next time I replace the wipers on the Sable I'll be replacing them with Beam blades :)

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
I bit the bullet and paid the price for a set of Bosch Icon wiper blades. Well worth the price. Smooth...quiet and clean. So far the best wiper blade out of the box I ever bought. Advance Auto Parts has a deal of $6 off a set right now.
I have the same ones and I love them, wouldn't think twice about buying them again. Only other ones id consider would be the similar michelins or possibly the top of the line rain-x.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Trico ONYX blades are pretty damn nice. That's what I had on my sable.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
68 Posts
I personally like the Trico HB series blade...it's a hybrid design between the OEM and the beam style (like the Michelin Stealth) with out the gaudy looking attachment clip

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I have the same ones and I love them, wouldn't think twice about buying them again. Only other ones id consider would be the similar michelins or possibly the top of the line rain-x.

http://www.autoguide.com/mobile
I've used just about all of the brands on various vehicles, I have the Rain-X top of their line ones on the SHO currently...but I don't think I would purchase again. Surprisingly, it seems that the best blades I have found are the Motorcraft blades. They just seem to last and work better then any of the aftermarket blades. Although, on the SHO I don't use the wipers much...between regular application of Rain-X on the windshield and my refusal to take it out in bad weather, the wipers don't get much use.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I seem to have the best luck with ANCO blades, purchased from Wal-Mart. I have tried the more expensive "trick" blades and have been disappointed with their function.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The beam type blades are very good compared to the standard blades, that's why you pay the higher price for them. I have a set on my Windstar that have been on it since I bought the van which was in October 2011. The yellow "wear indicators" have been bright for the past 5 months and they work perfectly. The next time I replace the wipers on the Sable I'll be replacing them with Beam blades :)
Does anyone have a problem with the beam-type wipers not making full contact with the windshield particulary with the pass. side and if so what can be done to correct this problem. MANY THANKS!!:lol2:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
No offense to anyone here, but wiper blades have historically been a yearly maintenance item. Find a set that works for you, and replace yearly. Don't fall for hype that one set is going to 'outlast' another, and overpay. I personally like beams because they don't have crevices for ice to grip into in winter months, but still do not expect any blade to 'outlast' another.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
21 Participants
sable2000
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing