Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
22,585 Posts
^+1. Shingrix was scarce here in KC at the end of last year but fairly available since Jan. Local Walgreens said come and get it, lol.

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Never had shingles but wife had it when she was in her late thirties. They say stress sometimes triggers it and we were in the middle of a company move with two little kids and me three hours away

·
Super Moderator
7,834 Posts
We had our first major snowfall of the year Friday night into Saturday. 5 or 6 inches, with lots of blowing and drifting. We just stayed home all weekend. First time this winter I have used my snowblower. Another 1 to 3 inches and wind coming tomorrow, just in time for the evening rush hour :(

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
For us old folks, 11" snow overnight Sat/Sun to noon. Apartment plowed the roads, I had the Buick in the garage. Mon took the wife to two doc appointments before noon. -4 but up to -2 by noon, 20mph winds gust to 30. We did not stay outside very long at a time.

-chart-

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
In North Canton, Ohio we had five inches Saturday afternoon which then turned to 1/2 inch of ice at 6pm and then another six inches of snow before 6 am. Then had 35 mph winds which dropped temps to five degrees on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Tomorrow we are going to be at 47 degrees and an inch of rain and then heading towards the low teens on the weekend again. Getting 1/2 of ice off or two Taurus parked outside took at least an hour of running the car, luckly all the Taurus have remote starts and we set the controls to high heat and defroster at times like these. Lubed all locks also to prevent sticking.

·
Super Moderator
7,834 Posts
Another 5 inches of fairly wet snow overnight. 45 minutes to snow blow the 100 foot long driveway and brush off what I call "the used car lot" of Tauri parked on the driveway.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Got 1 inch yesterday morning. Gone by noon. Interstates out east were all closed due to blizzard conditions.

More coming tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
We've been getting dumped on lately. Living next to the mountain is nice, until it snows, lol. Over 20 inches in 3 days. Took me almost an hour to unbury the Sable. Snow so thick I was using the shovel on the car. The suspension was even sagging a bit from the weight.

·
Super Moderator
7,834 Posts
We got another 12 inches of heavy wet white crap Tuesday. Snowblower go another serious workout, and getting to / from work (15 miles one way) was no a fun time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
We've had Robins hanging around all winter for the first time that I ever recall...and, we've lived in this house for 32 yrs. Plump little dudes, too. They've been feeding on the small flowering crab tree berries that hang on the tree all winter. Thought the -57F windchills 2 wks ago and the 2 ft of snow we've had since would have chased them south (or, killed them)...but no, they've persevered. Guess they'll get first shot at prime nesting areas before Spring brings the rest of them north.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts