Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Added air to all tires on the wagon. All low 3-5#. Snow blower checked out and mouse nest out of the chain box. Tires aired to 20# and ready for SNOW.
3 medical appointments this week and 2 hair. All to be done by noon tomorrow. Friday free to watch snow. Now, need snow shovel and coveralls along with work gloves. My snow shovels were in the attic where the fire toasted them. Work clothes in storage somewhere.
-chart-
So, forecast 2 days ahead 8-12" and we got 10.5". Time forecast Thurs 1-2pm, right on target. End ~6am on Friday. Right on target. Main roads open and traffic by 7am today. Wife and I went to heart rehab noonish at the hospital ~12 miles away. All roads clear and only the minor road behind the hospital had slush.

From the news, NY City missed the memo.

-chart-

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Some nice winter and that strange light in the sky is present. Now have to watch out of water pipes freezing in the basement of my old house.

-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Snow due here tomorrow night. How much we'll get depends on what weather forecast you choose to believe:
AccuWeather: 1 to 3 inches
National Weather Service: 2 to 4 inches
The Weather Channel: 5 to 8 inches
ABC27: 3 to 7 inches
WGAL: 3 to 5 inches
FOX43: 1 to 3 inches
CBS21: 2 to 4 inches

So the max can be from 3 to 8 inches. Will just get Third Bull covered up and plan for a sofa day with books and movies.

·
Super Moderator
7,834 Posts
Best winter here in SE WI I can remember....... We have had maybe 4 inches of snow total so far, and temps have been well above average. Last weekend it was 50 deg F, sunny, and light winds, and it has been above 32 deg F for highs more often than not for the entire winter so far. I am loving it!!!

·
Registered
22,585 Posts
Just came in from shoveling 3 cars/driveways and back deck... Bah! Humbug! Neighbor on the west stepped out momentarily to state how beautiful it was. I was tempted to flip him off...

·
Super Moderator
7,834 Posts
I would have flipped him off for sure!

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Just came in from shoveling 3 cars/driveways and back deck... Bah! Humbug! Neighbor on the west stepped out momentarily to state how beautiful it was. I was tempted to flip him off...
As a retired old coot, I can just stay inside and watch others on TV.
Friend and widow my age, and our dog sitter is planning a trip down through Roanoke VA through Charlotte NC next Friday. That should be melted by then.

Keep safe.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
22,585 Posts
Chart, those 2 comics hit home, lol! The couple who were neighbors on west now reside in Pensacola, FL. called today to see how we were faring. The occasional brutal winters is why they moved back to FL. The second comic describes me when I finished the back deck and came around to the front of the house to see the plow truck making a single swath down the center of the road. The S.O.B.'s left boulders the size of VW bugs behind ea. of the 3 shoveled drives. That took the longest to clear as I had to chip away at the masses and walk ea. shovelful across the street, lol.

·
Registered
22,585 Posts
We're supposed to get some more Fri. night into Sat. with subzero temps and 30+mph wind. A cold Chiefs/Patriots game Sun. evening...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
9-15" of snow will make this look quite different.
Forecast for this weekend.

-chart-
The weekend forecast has been holding pretty steady for the past few days, which is unusual. We'll see.

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Here at the apartment, they did a nice job of plowing. Shown sidewalk done with snow blower but some has blown back. Even clearing the parking spaces that are empty. 11" by my measure. 10F going to -2 tonight. Buick is in the garage. Both Sables in daughter's carport. It is deep enough to shield both vehicles if they are bumper to bumper.
Tomorrow, wife to doctor at 8:30 but it is only 0.8 miles. We will get there, just hope the doctor does the same.
-chart-
ps. I have had the shingles since last Tue. Been to the doc and on anti-viral pills and pain pills. Think I have turned the corner and pain is less. I had the shingles shot 4 years ago and it is ~80% effective, but will make the shingles less if they occur.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,585 Posts
Chart, I received the Zostovax vaccination several years ago too. Now they say we're supposed to get the Shingrix shot also.

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Got something like 14" in my part of the Buff Southtowns, which seems a bit high--but I trust the spotter that took the reading (of which, I'm also NWS trained.)

The single digit temps were hell for roads. Passable, but slushy nightmares. AWD got a workout, although still doable with great snow tires even without the extra torque to the rear.

Car is a messy nightmare and I got sick of cleaning out the garage, so I went ahead and left it outside tonight. I plan to be out early tomorrow morning, and wanted to see how it pulled off a true cold start with a proper soak in subzero temperatures.

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Chart, I received the Zostovax vaccination several years ago too. Now they say we're supposed to get the Shingrix shot also.
New shot is on back order maybe 3-7 months. Doc said Zostovax is 80%, new shot is 95%. When available, most at risk first.

(Famciclovir) pill can stop the symptoms when started within 72 hours of symptoms. I got that. Wife called the doctor (5 miles away) in within couple hours, positive ID, sent script by fax, pharmacy 3 doors down the street and they had it ready by the time I got there. That was 6 days and my symptoms nearly gone now. Mine mid chest, front around to right side but not further. We live in a small town area between significant cities.
-chart-

21 - 40 of 53 Posts