Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everybody in this group should have some white stuff. How is everybody enjoying it? My mom lives in Spanaway and shes got more snow than shes seen in years. How are everybodys cars doing in the odd weather? Hopefully there have been no nasty spills.

·
Premium Member
7,302 Posts
I'm looking at the temp gauge that reads the outside temp right now in the burbs of Detroit and it reads 0.9!! :eek:
Too dang cold for me!! :angry:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I gots me some nice pix of the two Taurii and I'll be taking more here in a few minutes. (might post 'em tonight - IF I don't lose power).

Right now, BOTH cars are totally buried with about three feet of snow.

Here's the SHO last night.

It's still snowing rather heavily, too! :party: :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Got more photos uploaded and ready.

This is the SHO as it looks now:

This is my white '96 yesterday afternoon when the snowfall was a dry powder:

And taken earlier tonight:

And my mom's Saturn parked next to my '96.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

It snowed that morning and I had a 7:30 AM final. It's a 20 minute commute that took me 40 minutes. The professor was late 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
It's only 30 here right now, we did have a dusting of snow here about a week ago, but it melts when it hits the ground.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
I take it you guys aren't used to much snow?

It was -3°F here today...I'm moving to Phoenix.
[/b]

I'm going to Texas, care to join?

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

I'm going to Texas, care to join? [/b][/quote]

You have no idea how much I wish I could.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

I'm going to Texas, care to join? [/b][/quote]

You have no idea how much I wish I could.
[/b][/quote]

Round trip from Hartford to Austin was under $300.00

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
So everybody in this group should have some white stuff. How is everybody enjoying it? My mom lives in Spanaway and shes got more snow than shes seen in years. How are everybodys cars doing in the odd weather? Hopefully there have been no nasty spills.
[/b]
With AWD and 4WD, we have been getting around fine.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I hope it's that cheap from minneapolis to here, I have family up there that's going to stay with me for a week to get away from the cold and snow

·
Registered
353 Posts
Finally cleared the driveway. Took two days to dig it out, and another hour digging each car out of the driveway.

Although, it's a futile effort given the fact that the snow has already started to fall heavily. Again.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally cleared the driveway. Took two days to dig it out, and another hour digging each car out of the driveway.

Although, it's a futile effort given the fact that the snow has already started to fall heavily. Again.
[/b]
Its snowing hard here in idaho as well. i parked the car warm about an hour ago and it already has a few inches on it! Im not sure what everybody is complaining about IM LOVIN IT!!!! Finally were gonna have a white christmas

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live in the Tacoma area, and until the rain started yesterday, driving back and forth to the Tacoma Dome Station P&R was no problem. I run studded winter tires on all 4 corners because I routinely have ice at some point on the roads during my morning run to the P&R during the winter months. The snow just makes it all a little prettier. Yesterday, with the rain melting the snow down to the packed ice underneath it got a little dicier. Also the 4x4 drivers cut deep ruts into my un-plowed residential street which makes it difficult to turn in or out of them. It's rather like trying to make a locomotive jump off one set of tracks to another without the benefit of a switch. Oh well, we should have warm rain tomorrow, and the snow and ice will go away, at least until night fall.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So much snow here in Spokane it is ridiculous. My SHO does great though. The five speed is irreplaceable as is the four wheel disc with abs. Today is was -2 degrees when I went to work.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So much snow here in Spokane it is ridiculous. My SHO does great though. The five speed is irreplaceable as is the four wheel disc with abs. Today is was -2 degrees when I went to work.
[/b]
I second the praise for the 4-wheel anti-loc disk brakes. i was so stoked when i discovered my car had disks on all four corners, but my excitement was that it would be super easy to replace the brake pads. This is my second winter in the Palouse with this car, and i prefer this to driving my suburban simply because of the ABS. And my remote start is a life saver when its -2 outside :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I second the praise for the 4-wheel anti-loc disk brakes. i was so stoked when i discovered my car had disks on all four corners, but my excitement was that it would be super easy to replace the brake pads. This is my second winter in the Palouse with this car, and i prefer this to driving my suburban simply because of the ABS. And my remote start is a life saver when its -2 outside :p
[/b][/quote]

My wife's car is a 96 Sable with four wheel disc and ABS. For that reason I will likely not get rid of it any time soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts