Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess this is a bit misleading... I didn't really "wax" my car today, but I did use that wax detailer spray stuff on my car... Last night I washed it when it was freezing cold, then it sat in the garage over night for the warm up... The result: it was warm enough for me to detail it! I think it looks just as good as it does after a fresh wax in the summer.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Damn dude, that looks nice! Dont get too upset after driving it down the road though.

I got mine washed yesterday, put 20 miles on it, pulled up to work today, already covered in salt -_-

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ahh man you just washed your car...now you know it's going to snow like six inches because of that. :lol2: But seriously, the car looks good. Wish I could get mine that clean for a day in the winter. I wash mine and it's dirty with salt and grime before I even get home.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You really have to plan ahead... Pick a day when the roads are dry and it is bitterly cold... Then if there is no snow in the immediate forecast, get your car washed! I never wash my car on days when the temp is at or above freezing or if it is going to snow, because it will get dirty again in no time... Can't wait to clean all the crap out of my carpet... The passenger side is immaculate, and the driver's side is a total mess!

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
The passenger side is immaculate, and the driver's side is a total mess!
[/b]
From the looks of it, the whole car is immaculate B) Wow, that is a beautiful car :thumb:

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Hah, nice!

I should've taken some pictures today of my car, but I forgot to. I just waxed it last weekend and did a wash/detail spray job today to get rid of the salt. Sucks too, because I was out driving around with some friends hitting all sorts of puddles and slush areas.

I also cleaned up the new Civic today with tire shine, detailing spray and some other stuff. I actually got some of the wax that VIP Honda's detailing guy left behind inside the trunk lid, haha. Parents thought it looked better today than when it was brought home less than 2 months ago.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I was starting my commute today I stopped to get gas and it was a beautiful sunny day... I got out of my car, and walked around to the back to put some gas in and I just about got blinded by all the glare! Even I couldn't believe how clean and shiney it looked! Since it was dry out today, my car managed to go the whole distance and back without getting dirty!

·
Registered
600 Posts
QUOTE (Skinnyguy59 @ Feb 7 2009, 06:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=699811
Ahh man you just washed your car...now you know it's going to snow like six inches because of that. :lol2: But seriously, the car looks good. Wish I could get mine that clean for a day in the winter. I wash mine and it's dirty with salt and grime before I even get home.[/b]
duu, why you got to be like that. Six inches... lol :mj_banana: :banana:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Laugh now, but winter is over and my car is still sparkling... I washed it in the driveway for the first time this year and the water beaded up like (insert the obligatory reference here)... The only thing that made me cry is I've noticed alot more chips in the hood since I've been commuting with it 2 times a week... I filled a couple of the big ones with my duplicolour pen today...

I can't wait to get some wax cleaner on it and then wax it again. I've noticed alot of swirl marks on it so I'll need to buff those out! I used to love using Meg's polish/swirl remover 2.0 but the local store stopped carrying it... Have no idea where to get it now!

Oh, and about the reply to my statement that the one side of my car is immaculate and the other is dirty... That was in reference to my interior carpets... The passenger side carpet and floor matt are so clean you could eat off it, but the driver's side is GROSS.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (2000Sable @ Mar 24 2009, 05:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711725
Northern winters are brutal on a car. I wish we had a winter cleaning guide.[/b]
I just wish instead of the coin op wash bays they would make coin op heated garages where you could park your car in them, wash the car, dry it and then wax it! The only reason I can't wax in the winter is the cold and all the muck that gets on my garage floor!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts