Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal, my washer line rotted away in a certain spot under the hood. So I went to Checkers' and bought some couplings and some rubber hose. The rubber hose I bought was a little bigger than the original. I just cut out the bad part of the hose, used 2 couplings to make the bigger hose work with the smaller original hose. No more leaks, but now my sprayers are not working right. What I mean is my passenger one works too well, and the driver one not enough. Its almost like a trickle. What did I do wrong? can the nozzles be aimed? or cleaned? whats the best way to clean them?

Thanks
Adam

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?? :/

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Are you sure there are no leaks? Since the passenger side is the first sprayer in line it sounds to me like it's a pressure problem, which in turn would be cause by leaks. Check the couplings too.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If the larger hose is between the passenger nozzle and the driver nozzle, then that is the cause for the pressure drop.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I just had that happen on my Taurus. I went to a smaller generic repair shop, and they took care of me for $1.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the input! I hope its not the hose. Is there any way to clean the sprayer nozzles? or even adjust them?

Thanks
Adam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts