Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 2001 se wagon will rims from a 2003 windstar se fit them? Can someone photoshop the two included pics for the windstar rims on that taurus?

also what are your opinions? keep the old rims or get the new ones?

thank you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
If they are 16" rims yes, 15" no because of the bigger brakes up front.

Rims are the same for Tbird/cougar(89-97),taurus/sable, and windstar(among other makes/models)

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I know a few people that run the windstar sport rims on their cars. They look good and are a different choice. My personal thoughts, if you can afford it put a set of "summer" tires on the windstar rims and use your stock rims for winter. That way the clear coat will last longer and they will last longer as well.

I have my '96 SHO rims with Goodyear Eagle GT's and then my stock rims have Yokohama Avid TRZ's for winter.

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Once I get a van for the wife(which might be by the end of the week) I'm going to take the rims I have on the tbird(cause I'm selling it) and put them on the wagon, as I'll be driving that and need a 'pops rod' ..

These:

Will go on this(after I change the centercaps)

as well as some 5% tint on the rear windows. Then maybe it'll need to be dropped.......

·
Registered
93 Posts
I can photoshop it for you, but i will need a bigger, better quality Windstar rims picture and a direct sideview of your Taurus

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Trade

Once I get a van for the wife(which might be by the end of the week) I'm going to take the rims I have on the tbird(cause I'm selling it) and put them on the wagon, as I'll be driving that and need a 'pops rod' ..

These:

Will go on this(after I change the centercaps)

as well as some 5% tint on the rear windows. Then maybe it'll need to be dropped.......
Trade Wagone?

Kidding of course. Mine is a "work horse" been rode hard. Hauls buinding materials, tree trimmings, law mowers, and grand kids.

But my family car is exactly the same color. So I only need one type of touch up spray to cover the rust. :lol2:

Happy waggoning.

-chart-

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just to make sure... the factory tire size will fit the rims and have no issues at all with fit or rubbing correct?

whats everyones thoughts with the photoshop? does car look better or not really?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you johnlemon for the photoshop. One question... could you make the rims silver instead of that grey look? i guess its from the photo light.. i don't know if you could adjust color.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts