Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Gen 1 wagon, 144000, and need a replacement windshield (from JY then prof installed). My question is what year(s) make and model can I scrap from, also does it have to be a wagon, can I get if from a sable?

Also, I understand ALL clusters from (91-95) Tauras L, GL, LX, SE, and SHO are all interchangeable. Even if the wagon did not come with a tach, can one be added with no modification.

Lastly, my speedometer bounces intermittently, no adverse effects to tranny as of yet. Any suggestions.

THX 4 ur quick replies in advance.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The windsheild from all 1986-1995 Taurus and Sables sedans should be interchangable. Not sure abot the wagons since they are a little bit taller than the sedans.

All clusters from 1990-1995 Taurus, Sable, and SHO models are interchangable. Yes if you didn't have a tach a cluster with a tach will work with no modifications.

The speedo bounce is normal. It's suppose to bounce between a few MPH. A few things could cause it. Lack of lubrication on cable, not a firm enough connections to the speedometer, or the vehicle speed sensor is going out. But I just live with it if it's not a big deal. If the car jerks back and forth w/ cruise control on and set, it's the VSS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts