Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Taurus SE. Not matter what wiper blades I put on the car, when I exceed about 60 MPH when it is raining the wiper on the driver side will only clear the water away on the downward stroke. When going up it just smears the water and visibility is very poor. I do a lot of highway driving, this has been an issue with this car since day one when it was new. Wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there is a solution. I think I've tried every type of wiper blade I can find and the same thing happens no matter what I try. Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My solution was to put a 20" (same as pass side) blade on the driver side. Not perfect but a marked improvement.

·
Registered
2013 SEL
396 Posts
Funny. I often have the opposite issue. Clears better on the upstroke than the downstroke.

·
Registered
1998 Ford Taurus SE
19 Posts
I think that I will give the longer wipers a try also.
Something I have not seen in several years are the things that look like little spoilers for the wiper blades, I would imagine that if you can find them, they would help to push the blades tighter to the windshield.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying the 20" blade for now, I had one laying around. No rain around here so I will have to wait and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Might think about replacing the entire wiper arm. The tension eventually wears out, resulting in bad performance even with new wipers. Easy fix, and not too expensive either. Youtube for the video

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was considering this option. My car has had this problem since day one when it was brand new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts