Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 Taurus, 6 cyl, and automatic. For some reason my windshield wipers stopped going to their "park" position when turned off. This happened once before about three years ago, but self-corrected itself after about a month. Present failure to "park" seems to be uncorrecting. Instead of going to "park" position, my wipers stay up on the bottom of their normal stroke, but do not then go to "Park". Instead they stay in that position, and periodically appear to try to activate and "park", but do not complete the movement. Other than just noticing that electrical charge activates the wipers, there is no movement to "park".

I checked my turn signals, headlights, parking lights, hazard warning lights, etc. Everything is working normally, except for the wipers not "parking" on being turned off.

Read quite a few of the articles on the forum about wiper problems, but didn't see any problem that appeared to duplicate the problem I am having.

What could be the problem that is preventing my wipers from going to their "Park" position? How can I correct this problem, and prevent it from reoccurring?

Any help and instructions would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies and leads.

Probably is in fact my wiper motor. Seems like I read somewhere that the motor has a circuit that controls the "park" routine and the stopping to the motor upon turning off the wipers.

Since I've not had any further unusual actions of my wipers,
what can I expect if I do not replace the motor right away?
Any further deterioration in wipers that I will see?
Also, is there a way that I can manually turn off the wiper motor when I don't need the wipers?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Well it can't get any better, but it's not going to stop your car from running correctly either. Your move.

·
Registered
834 Posts
You could fix that quick& cheap. A local junkyard will probably sell that for 20 or 30 bucks...and it might take 15 min to swap out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts