Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,625 Posts
WHy not get one for free at the junk yard?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will probably spend half the day looking for one and I doubt anyplace would commit over the phone to even having one. And something tells me they won't just hand it over for 'free' anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (BENNO @ May 24 2010, 05:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806595
QUOTE (Chuck B @ May 24 2010, 06:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806587
I will probably spend half the day looking for one and I doubt anyplace would commit over the phone to even having one. And something tells me they won't just hand it over for 'free' anyway.[/b]
I have a 97 parts car - I can send you one if you're sure it will work.
[/quote][/b]

Everything I am seeing says it does. I will try to get a pic of one on the car and send it. thanks

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
I Got a blue one from the yard. Sprayed the blue cap with black $.99 spray enamel from Home Rip-off.
I think they charged me a buck for it at the yard.

@ chuck. its for the driverside, right? :wink:

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (BENNO @ May 25 2010, 07:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806754
Looks very close. Mine has a tiny p/n # F608-17666 (as best I can tell). If you PM me an address, I drop it in the mail. Send me a couple bucks to cover shipping after you get it - or just send it back if it doesn't work for some reason. -Ben[/b]
Thanks - just did.

QUOTE (thesavo @ May 25 2010, 07:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806750
I Got a blue one from the yard. Sprayed the blue cap with black $.99 spray enamel from Home Rip-off.

@ chuck. its for the driverside, right? :wink:[/b]

I will keep that as plan B. Thanks - Yeah, you know how those unique parts are.. :D

But, actually, it WAS the drivers side that was bad - and the pass sprayed like an elephant with a bladder condition. I just switched them for the time being. I would like to get them both going for her.

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE (Chuck B @ May 25 2010, 09:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806761
QUOTE (BENNO @ May 25 2010, 07:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806754
Looks very close. Mine has a tiny p/n # F608-17666 (as best I can tell). If you PM me an address, I drop it in the mail. Send me a couple bucks to cover shipping after you get it - or just send it back if it doesn't work for some reason. -Ben[/b]
Thanks - just did.

QUOTE (thesavo @ May 25 2010, 07:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806750

@ chuck. its for the driverside, right? :wink:[/b]

I will keep that as plan B. Thanks - Yeah, you know how those unique parts are.. :D

But, actually, it WAS the drivers side that was bad - and the pass sprayed like an elephant with a bladder condition. I just switched them for the time being. I would like to get them both going for her.
[/b][/quote]

I'm sending the driver's side from a 97 - BTW it's already black. Good luck - Ben

1 - 10 of 10 Posts