Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
I got a Dorman unit for my 1996 Taurus. It cost me $25 which included postage to the middle of the desert in Australia.
Other than me breaking the nozzles as I removed the old hoses and having to reglue them things went smoothly and quickly and I have not needed to replace them since.
I am very happy with the aftermarket ones but I would be happy to find replacement nozzles, new or used, for on the bonnet.
They're about $10 from the dealer for a pair, however I'm sure shipping from US would be a lot more. Try you local dealer. I only had one bad one and the dealer just let me buy one of them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I buy the dorman off of amazon, for $12, but I have been through 3 of them in the past year. (3rd on is on it's way). I figured that I would use electrical tape to tape around the sections that snap. That worked this time, but then the hose popped out of the mounting on the shock tower, and I'm tired of gluing it for the millionth time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is this a common problem? I bought my 02 five years ago and the windshield washer NEVER worked. I'll try this though. Maybe it'll work and I'll have the luxury of having my windshield clean in the winter... lol

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
Thanks, great price.. I'll order one.. Much better than putting a hose fix on a cracked hose.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
NAPA now carries that, part # NOE 6002989, but the store closest to me is listing it at $24.99, good find on the Ebay one.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Thanks, I just ordered two of them because I am getting tired of piecing them together. I am going to try to return the Dorman one to Advanced Auto but it has been patched a couple of times in less than two years. Back then it was special order at AA and cost $25.
The NAPA one is also Dorman, the OE looks like the way to go since the Dorman quality seems to be awful and the price is even higher.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
The NAPA one is also Dorman, the OE looks like the way to go since the Dorman quality seems to be awful and the price is even higher.
Dorman quality stinks on this part with a two year life but lifetime warranty. Goes to show that the lifetime warranty is not a statement of quality(like to olden days) but just a marketing ploy. I noticed Advanced dropped the price to around $16 now.

I am pulling out a AA GMB waterpump with lifetime warranty and installing a Motorcraft one. It's not worth the hassle of installing another GMB pump.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have done fixes, but I agree with Sheila......Go to ford dealership and pay ($14-17) and have it over with. I did it on all three of our Taurii.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a similar issues but instead of cracked the 02 I have I bought the whole assembly again but it was plasitc and it was far to short to actually fit so the stupid thing pops off no matter what I try to secure it, seems I might have to figure out a manual hose configuration as well. Why would the oem replacement for it be plastic and excessive short changed on the tubing so it doesn't stay is beyond me.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
I have a similar issues but instead of cracked the 02 I have I bought the whole assembly again but it was plasitc and it was far to short to actually fit so the stupid thing pops off no matter what I try to secure it, seems I might have to figure out a manual hose configuration as well. Why would the oem replacement for it be plastic and excessive short changed on the tubing so it doesn't stay is beyond me.
I fixed mine. (all 4 of my Bulls) with this. Cut back the black OE so new hose will be free to flex. Clear hose from scrapped coffee maker along with the spring clamps. Heat the clear a bit and push it on. Done will out last the car and free.
But than I am a scavenger.
-chart-

Attachments

61 - 74 of 74 Posts