Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Tint strips are very easy to do on your own. You can even get pre-cut strips of tint. I even used a static cling-type material (think of those stickers you put on windows at Christmas time or for you older members, Colorforms playsets). You can remove and reposition. Looks like real tint and stays up as long as the window was cleaned properly. I put one on my wife's car about 8 years ago...still looks new and works GREAT for blocking the sun at the top of the windshield. Looks great from the outside too. The only real work is removing the mirror.

Just lay it on the OUTSIDE of the windshield and trim the ends where the weatherstripping is. Then take it inside and apply it.

This is a VERY easy project to do.

Your dot-matrix around the mirror...who knows. You'd have to ask a tint shop if they can apply tint like that but as for the dot matrix...I've never heard of anyone who does that.

Bought the cling-strip at Walmart, they also sold strips of adhesive tint. Was only a few bucks.

example:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Insta-Cling-Windshield-Strip-Professional-Tint/dp/B000EBICN2[/ame]

·
Registered
10,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Idea

Tint strips are very easy to do on your own. You can even get pre-cut strips of tint. I even used a static cling-type material (think of those stickers you put on windows at Christmas time or for you older members, Colorforms playsets). You can remove and reposition. Looks like real tint and stays up as long as the window was cleaned properly. I put one on my wife's car about 8 years ago...still looks new and works GREAT for blocking the sun at the top of the windshield. Looks great from the outside too. The only real work is removing the mirror.

Just lay it on the OUTSIDE of the windshield and trim the ends where the weatherstripping is. Then take it inside and apply it.

This is a VERY easy project to do.

Your dot-matrix around the mirror...who knows. You'd have to ask a tint shop if they can apply tint like that but as for the dot matrix...I've never heard of anyone who does that.

Bought the cling-strip at Walmart, they also sold strips of adhesive tint. Was only a few bucks.

example:
Amazon.com: Insta-Cling Windshield Strip Professional Tint Film: Automotive
Sounds like a plan. As I remember they make different degrees of shade on those stick on. I can try and see if the shape works for me. It works great on the Lin. When the sun gets between the visors. I will copy the pattern from the Lin.

I do not care about the shade graduation around the edges, only practical solution. It is a new winshield and it came with a squate patch where the mirror fastens. They could have made it like the Lin for little.

Thanks.

-chart-

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Lol fake.

I meant the girl not the uh....nvm. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Chrissakes, those 2 girls have their own area and zip codes, lol!!!
LOL sheila.

chart...unrelated note, but does that mirror in your Continental display temperature and compass direction?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts