Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago, when my brother was the owner of my current car, a section of black hose broke that supplied the washer fluid to the nozzles. I got a section of replacement hose from Ace hardware and secured the two ends with zip ties. Ever since I have been driving it, the car has poor spray from the drivers side nozzle but excellent spray from the passenger side. I dont know if it did this before the hose broke or not. Its not like some other cars where you can take a pin and adjust the sprayers so I am left scratching my head. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I took the line off the end of the nozzle and then used compressed air to blow through the nozzle backwards,.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd also run the squirters while the nozzle is off to flush out any gunk that's in the line.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In my '03 my wipers my sprayer motor is not engaging when you hit the spray button. The wipers track across like normal, but the spray doesn't activate. Where is the motor located? Is this a common problem?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Probably the switch on the end of the stalk. The motor is in the tank which is in the passenger side fender.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Also check the tube that feeds the nozzles. It runs from the firewall to the hood -- the most common problem is that the hose snaps in half, so you send washer fluid over the engine rather than the windshield.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have already replaced tubing and it was working fine for some time. Now when you press the stalk to engage the sprayers, the wipers move but there is no motor noise. I checked/cleaned the switch but no change.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Check the pump connector to see if it is getting 12V+ when you push the switch for the washers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts