Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I haven't driven my taurus (2006) for 1 month. And I found the liquid won't come out. I thought it was out. But I just add about1/4 gallon (that's all left in the bottle) and still nothing come out. Is that still too little liquid or jammed?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The washer fluid line running to the hood where the nozzles are probably broke off, Ford cheaped out big time there, it's probably spraying washer fluid on the engine by now. Go to a auto parts store, and get some washer fluid tubing, your going to have to splice, or replace the line. They wear out quickly from opening/closing the hood. Mine broke off after the car was only 1 year old.

·
Registered
23,366 Posts
^ 7/32 in. vacuum hose works great for the splice repair. Or ford sells the whole hose assy. for $15-20. Parts stores sell the dorman assy. for $8-10.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I replaced the assembly with a new one from ford at first. But it failed in about a year as well. I've just used vaccum hose to slide over the existing hose, It works well for the sprayers.

Not sure on the 06, but on my 07 one of the cats is stuffed up pretty close in the corner of the engine bay near that washer hose. I'm sure the heat from it doesn't help much at all.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
who cold has it been where you live?
A shop might have "helped" you by topping off your fluid with water and it could have frozen.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Can you hear the spray pump working when you press the switch for it?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Can you hear the spray pump working when you press the switch for it?
I don't know if i can hear mine with the motor running. i have the added hose
over plastic pipe repair. Mine sometimes seems to take a while to prime. If
you go to the Upull yard, at least 8 out of 10 cars have bad washer hoses on
them

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is it difficult to remove and restore the insulating material on the underside of the engine hood? Looks like it has to be removed in order to access the washer hose and nozzles.
Thanks, BC

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok, I was just concerned that the insulating material might loose it's rigidity and sag onto the engine. Kinda hated to disturb it but as the tubing broke somewhere behind the pad I'm gonna have to if I want washer fluid. I'll be careful with the pushpins...

Thanks, BC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts