Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a product that will restore the windshield to a like new smooth surface. My windshield is original now over 300,000kms, so is rather sandblasted from all that driving. When the wipers pass the dampness stays in the tiny little nooks and crannies which appears much like fog on the window. I does burn-off from the wind in 20 seconds or so, that's if it is only a drizzle.

Is there any spray-on or wipe on treatments?

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
you have to compound the windshield. just like getting a scratch out of the paint. if the pits are to deep you have to replace.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
You need a new windshield. You can try a finish, but windshields are made from glass due to the hardness. It resists scratching and pitting. And product you use to treat it will fade in the sun, will have a different angle of refraction, and will scratch and pit more easily. At you mileage, you windshield has paid its due. Get a new one and move on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A new windshield is only about $200 (installed) and well worth it. Nowadays, most cars outlive their windshields. I think of a windshield as an item to be replaced when worn, typically somewhere between 75,000 and 150,000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts