Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 Ford Taurus. About a month ago I went to get into the car using my FOB but it didn't work. It would open my trunk and the red alert button worked but the lock/unlock buttons wouldn't work. I attempted to use the key and it wouldn't turn in the lock. I also tried the keypad and using the correct code didn't work either. I had to end up using a long, thin, iron tool that was slid into the car through the top of the driver's side door and hooked the door handle to open it. Once inside I started the car w/o any problems except that the windows would not go down and the locks wouldn't work. Any idea what may be causing this to happen? I haven't been able to lock my car for a month because I know that I won't be able to get back in it to drive it.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
check the fuses. owners manual has a diagram of the fuse locations and numbers. spray some lube into the lock and let it sit for a little while. then try the key and turn back and forth lightly to see if it has freed up. if not spray again and repeat.

·
Registered
294 Posts
the key didnt even work?? not even the passenger side? maybe the actuators for the lock mechanism locked up somehow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts