Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im looking for someone whose done there own window tinting to answer some questions. ive started my own tinting and ive done the rear passenger windows and the little ones behind them they came out great no bubbles and looks great too.

1. the question i had tho is how hard is the rear windshield?

2. would a tint shop do just one window for me or will they be difficult bout it?

i havent attempted the rear yet but looking for some one whose done theres for advice and tips. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
the rear window isnt that hard, unless its your first time. gotta make sure those lines are perfect or you're gonna see the seams. window tinting places will do 1 window for u without a problem.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
A good tint shop won't care if you have just the rear done. They'll only waranty the rear, obviously.

If you owned a third gen car, (I know you don't) it might be a little different. The 3G rear window is supposedly one of the tougher assignments in the tint world.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey k sounds good well itll be my first time doing the rear window. did u just cut strips the length of the window and did that adjust for the curve of the window or did u have to cut the strips with a curve? just line up the seems over the defrost lines right?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Feb 27 2004, 11:54 AM
A good tint shop won't care if you have just the rear done. They'll only waranty the rear, obviously.

If you owned a third gen car, (I know you don't) it might be a little different. The 3G rear window is supposedly one of the tougher assignments in the tint world.
yeah i wouldnt doubt that the gen 3s are hard that window is one crzy design im glad i have the gen 2

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I didn't do my windows, but the rear is a one piece tint job. What are you doing so far as tint percentage?

·
Premium Member
500 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Feb 27 2004, 12:03 PM
I didn't do my windows, but the rear is a one piece tint job. What are you doing so far as tint percentage?
the vlt percentage im doing is 5
. I thought bout using one peice but the film i bought isnt big enough (width wise) for my window and idk where i can get a peice that is big enough thats y i was asking bout the strips. idk im debating whether or not to try myself of just take it in for the rear. im looking at like what 50-80 bucks for the back or more?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Hell, my car was $100 for the front, rear, quarter, and back windows. On should be in the area of $30-40.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts