Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has been calling around looking for a good place to get my windows tinted for my b-day. She found a place she really likes and she's convinced they will do a good job. However, they told her something that she felt she needed to ask me about and I'm not sure if this is reasonable or not, so I thought I'd ask you guys and gals. The shop said that in order to "meet their quality standards", the window seals had to be removed and then replaced after the tinting was complete. I don't know anything about it. So, my questions are:

1) Do all shops do this?
2) If not, does this sound like a reasonable thing to do??
3) and will this cause problems such as leaking, etc.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, their price was quite a bit higher than some of the other shops around, because of their "quality standards". A lot of people around here get their tint done at a well-known local shop that will give you darker tint in exchange for no warranty and cash only. But, they have always done a top-notch job, so I'm not too worried about warranty. But, I'm afraid this other shop my wife called was just blowing smoke. I had never heard of what they were talking about before...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got my Gen4 windows tinted about 2 weeks ago and the people who did my tinting did nothing of the sort, and I have a 5 year warranty. I think they're trying to take you on a ride. I'd post pics of my car, but I got rear ended three days ago and the car is in the shop. I should be getting it back shortly though and will post pics if I get it back before you get yours tinted

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's pretty much what I thought, but I know nothing of the window tinting process, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks for the replies! If anyone else has some thoughts on this, please feel free!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
did u get the whole back window tinted? i know some places try to pull that crap that it'll cost extra to remove the high mount brake light to tint the whole window.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts