Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today the driver's window on the Taurus got stuck in the down position. The switch was getting power so that rules that out. I pulled door panel and motor felt warm. So I thought I'd try to remove the motor, push the glass up by hand, then reattach the motor to hold the window up. However they bolts are recessed and none of my sockets that I have would fit. By now I'm getting even more pissed off Finally, I figure I'll try something else - tap the motor itself with a hammer so see if it would free anything up. 3-4 light taps...BINGO went up like nothing was ever wrong. Long story short does it sound like it was a fluke or is the motor probably dying?

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Motor is on it's way out. I've had similar issue with my right front door over the last 4 years. I can tell when it's getting close to sticking because the window motor sounds as if it's straining to lift it. When it sticks I just hold the button and shut the door hard. It frees it up for roughly another year. I have a motor to put in it, just no time.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Same deal as when a fuel pump goes, you can hit it a few times and it will work but it's on the way out. Be greatful yo've had this warning and replace the motor or keep the window up.

·
Registered
109 Posts
got the same problem also, but oddly enough the passenger rear window stopped working at the same time the drivers side window stopped working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts