Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I roll up 3 of the windows they make a creaking sound when rolled all the way up & push the door panel toward the passenger/driver. What is the issue with this. Never happened to any other car I've owned or driven.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure but since it's 3 windows I wouldn't think it's a mechanical problem. My guess is the windows are binding/sticking in the tracks. I sprayed WD-40 SILICONE (not regular wd-40), in my window tracks and they go up & down a lot smoother now. Easier on the motors too.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Theres a trim piece that goes around the window, are its press in tabs fully inserted and not busted off?

I had a window that did that, we always rolled it up and stopped before the top because of it. It ended up being the trim that runs along the back side of the window. Its little tabs were broken off, so it looked fine but wasnt secured. So each time it went fully up, it pulled everything about a half inch and moved it.

Creaking, does it sound like your window is scraping against something? I agree with above poster about the creaking noise.

·
Registered
139 Posts
All 4 of mine do that, and I just thought that is what a car with 170,000 miles does. Guess I need to check the clips. Is the trim on the outside of the window, or the inside?

Thanks,

·
Registered
572 Posts
Mine does that too, all four of them. It's like the motors don't know where the stopping points are and continue to operate once they are fully rolled up. If I hit the up button when the windows are already up, the motor will operate and the creaking noise that you hear will occur. (Binding on the weatherstrips?) This doesn't happen with my other Ford vehicles as the motors apparently know that the windows are up all the way, cutting the power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts