Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Window Automation...pictures!

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  96waggin 
#1 ·
Well i finally had time to install my window automation modules into this car (pulld from my old taurus I totaled).

This allows me to have one-touch up and down on all windows, and also control the windows from my remote control or cell phone.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Originally posted by the_spy_guy@May 24 2004, 09:56 PM
I have a module that connects to my alarm. I can call a 1800 number that allows me to send commands to my car via satalite. So as a result i can be anywhere and control my car anywhere.

Brad
Damn. That is pimping. Can we get a link?

-mobiuslogic

#6 ·
:huh: a link as in a link to a web site? Well...the sat link is made by audiovox and there web site does not show any of their accesories. As for how to do the window automation.....lol.....lol....go to a local installer and have them hook you up. It costs a pretty penny and there are alot of accociated problems. So between problems and price, its not a viable option for most.

Even when you find someone to install it, the prob wont do a good job. To hook it up properly, i had to remove the door, not only the door pannel, but the door, and run a 8g amp wiring kit to the battery. I wont go into details, but the whole system works on current sensing, and if you have a large current increase because the stock wiring cant handle all the windows going up at once, then the windows, more often than not will stop before they are completely closed.

Hoss...of all the people on this board, id figure youd know how to hook this up and where to get the stuff. :huh:

Brad

#8 ·
Hoss...of all the people on this board, id figure youd know how to hook this up and where to get the stuff. 
i knew that i could get them for my viper alarm, but i figured maybe you found a cheaper solution ;) . the viper units are damn expensive, and something i want, just cant afford them at the moment. but i didnt know that they made all of your windows roll down with a single tap of the button. learn something new everyday :)

however, the audiovox deal, that is something i wasnt aware of... i knew of satelite car alarms, but not additional units like that. what does something like that run? and where can you get it?

#9 ·
circuit city. As for the dei window modules..thats what i have. i can vent 1", roll down or roll up the windows. the aux channel vents, and rolls down, and when i arm, it rolls em up. or if i activate the aux channel for a sec before arming, the windows dont roll up (incase i want to leave them rolled down yet arem the car).

then, like i said, i have one touch up and down for each window. so if i want one touch up or down for a particular window, i just tap the corrosponding switch. if i want to roll em all up or down, i have to use the remote or wire in a new button (completely un-neccesary as i can easly just tap all 4 buttons up or down).

for thoes who dont understand...one - touch is where you just tap the button in eather direction and it goes all the way up or down and then stops...just like how your drivers window has "auto down". I can still hold the swich up or down and have normal window control. (put the window in any psoition i want).

Brad

#14 ·
Uhh...all I can come up with at this moment is....HOLY s*** DUDE!!!! You are the Freakin' Man!!! this is awesome. Nice job Brad. We all stand in awe of your abilities and innovations. You certainly are deserving of the overly used :bowdown: and the :notworthy: and also :thumb:

#17 ·
Originally posted by the_spy_guy@May 25 2004, 01:52 PM
althoe all my co-workers think im gay for "pimping" my taurus
Funny, I get the same reaction at work..:hmm: So, who else gets this kind of reaction from their friends and co-workers? Something tells me that plenty of us do. :lol2:

-mobiuslogic

#18 ·
Yeah, i get that exact same reaction from my co-workers. I just turn around and remind them that they drive a Vibe and a Pacifica (not that those are bad cars but they are definitely not sporty compared to my gen3 sable).

Even if they made a car with all the options (performance and aesthetic) that i like and could afford i still would prefer to have a car and do all the work on it to make it the way i want versus buying it that way.

#20 ·
<VERY late to this thread>

"Q" LOL! "Now about the ejection seat..."

Brad- So the OEM Auto-down module also allow for auto up? I'd settle for just the driver's window being AU.

I'd have to have an additional button for that, as the OEM switch doesn't allow for that.

What's "dei"? <not afraid to ask a rookie question>

Do you pay a fee for that sat-link? Being your own On Star is pretty cool.

Very trick, that whole setup.

#23 ·
Like Brad said...its cool, but if you take a system somewhere and have them put it in..there's about an 80% chance that it wont be installed properly, even if it is there are more than likely safegaurds they did NOT do to allow all functions to work properly. My ex Gf had window rollUP installed in her car...got it back..window up switch didn't work..but was great with the handy little remote...not thats not all that convenient after all.
The Waggin has remote start/window up/down/crack window/individual door lock isolation/and aux channels set up to control 1/2 of NASA...what do I use?all door lock or unlock and have turned the annoying ass siren off...this setup was quoted at $1300 installed locally..NOT

anyway Brad, sorry to stomp the thread...good job on the install :notworthy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.