Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I got a problem with my 2006 Taurus SE sedan. On highway, I always heard some wind noise under windsheild at passenger side, exactly at the right corner. My wife sit on the passenger side, she could feel the wind with high pressure. I donot know why, maybe the windshield is leak? Is that a big problem? Thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
If the windshield is peeling loose, it is a problem.

More likely, there is a small spot where the adhesive was not dispensed correctly.

Have your wife extend her arm and hand along the top of the dashboard. If she feels the wind along the bottom, then remove the cowl on that side and look very carefully.

You remove that cowl as part of the cabin filter exchange: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18212

If it is along the side, it will be harder to find the leak. If you use water to find the leak, you must let it completely dry out a very long time before trying to glue it down (see next sentence).

If there is an obvious place where the wind enters the car, a hole or a spot that's not glued down correctly, you can fill it with black silicone rubber (RTV sealant).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. My wife did feel the wind on the top of dashboard, but there is no wind, seems the wind is from the right corner under the windshield with the whistling.

QUOTE (OldWagon @ Mar 31 2009, 03:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714070
If the windshield is peeling loose, it is a problem.

More likely, there is a small spot where the adhesive was not dispensed correctly.

Have your wife extend her arm and hand along the top of the dashboard. If she feels the wind along the bottom, then remove the cowl on that side and look very carefully.

You remove that cowl as part of the cabin filter exchange: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18212

If it is along the side, it will be harder to find the leak. If you use water to find the leak, you must let it completely dry out a very long time before trying to glue it down (see next sentence).

If there is an obvious place where the wind enters the car, a hole or a spot that's not glued down correctly, you can fill it with black silicone rubber (RTV sealant).[/b]

·
Registered
453 Posts
Take it to an auto glass business and have them reinstall the windshield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts