Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started to hear the noise of the wind most of the times in the high way, i check the alignment of the door and it perfectly fit and also the rubber seems ok (no damage at all). And also I try to locate where is the wind coming from when I’m in the Highway(move my hand all over the door), I can’t feel any wind on it. Its kinda weird where is the wind now coming from :werd: . Is anyone experience this, and what should be the prob on this particular case. need some advise!

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
First, I think you're not feeling wind because most of the flow is either parallel to the car or actually leaving (as opposed to entering) the car.

The latch plate/ring on the B pillar of my 98 came loose. Strange, and I never knew how, but it was quite loose -- had to move it back into position and tighten down the screws.

Also, your rubber gasket may simply have relaxed. Does the wind noise stop if you drive with your left hand and reach across with your right hand and pull the door in a bit? If so, you might have to loosen the screws on the latch plate and adjust it inward.

Finally, you might have rust-out at the bottom that has reached inboard of the rubber gasket.

If it's none of these, you can fashion a pounce out of an old white sock with talcum in it. Roll down all your windows. Dab the sock all around the sheetmetal door frame. Dab lightly around the rubber. Make sure there's a visible layer of talc all around.

Climb in and slowly close the door and roll up the windows, then drive. Let the wind noise happen for about 5 minutes or so.

Then roll down your windows and slowly open the door. See if you can spot where talc has eroded away. There will be little or none where the gasket seals tightly, but a leak should have a tiny trail more or less perpendicular to the direction of the gasket.

You roll your windows down and close and open the door slowly so that you don't blow away the talc just by closing or opening the door.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the door is completely tighten. maybe i will replace the rubber gasket on the bottom, will go first in here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts