Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
it might make a few people you meet driving down the road mad but you do know your bulbs are 9007 and not 9006 right? Im not sure if that is gonna make much of a difference or not though

I have HIDs BTW

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't think the bulb diff will be a big deal. not 100% on that if it will not work on my bull i'm building a datsun 510 i can retro fit them too also. how do you like your hid's?? you still running the stock ford housing?

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
It will be a big deal, as those kits are designed to plug right into the bulb socket, and use external relays to strike the ballast and illuminate the bulbs. If the bulb housing is different you'll need to make an adapter plate to fit the bulbs in, and you'll need to figure out how to wire them into the stock wiring to use the stock headlight switch. I'd send them back and get the proper ones. Also, for $50, they're probably going to look like ****.

I'd also be wary of the fact that the seller didn't even know what color temperature they are, as he lists between 5000 and 10000 degrees.

JR

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
It will be a big deal, as those kits are designed to plug right into the bulb socket, and use external relays to strike the ballast and illuminate the bulbs. If the bulb housing is different you'll need to make an adapter plate to fit the bulbs in, and you'll need to figure out how to wire them into the stock wiring to use the stock headlight switch. I'd send them back and get the proper ones. Also, for $50, they're probably going to look like ****.

I'd also be wary of the fact that the seller didn't even know what color temperature they are, as he lists between 5000 and 10000 degrees.

JR
[/b]

Yea those will not work at all on your Taurus. Those are only a low beam also. 9007 are hi/low beam. I would just not pay the guy, and buy a 9007 kit from someone with more feedback. The item says (fits most cars) what a douche, shouldn't buy from him for that reason also. Check out www.retro-solutions.com, there is a Taurusclub discount.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
after you get all of that straightened out go to retro-solutions.com and get a good quality HID kit. thats where i got mine and i like them and yes i am still using the stock housings too

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow, buying an hid kit and not know the k temp and the seller sucked period. Whao...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts