Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Tough one... For one, where are the bolt locations? That's important because it needs to be where you could bolt it on a Gen 3 trunk lid. Second, the stands or whatever is used to bolt to the car needs to fit the contour of the gen 3 trunk lid. Third, ARE YOU SURE IT'LL LOOK RIGHT?!?! For our round GEN 3s, that spoiler is awfully straight to me... it looks good, but I wouldn't do it. It's your car though... If you want to experiment, I would try to find the answers to those questions listed above and give it a try. Just let us know how it goes. :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. I figured with the squared lower valance in the rear it might not look bad at all but let me get the specs first. I'll keep everyone updated.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Just to make sure it fits, you can measure the running length of the trunk lid and then ask the seller how far apart the spoiler's bolt stands are. I know that's basically what PRLatinLoco said, but sometimes, online especially, you can't interperet any assumptions/ implications.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks puma! It's either this spoiler or a 1969 Olds 442 spoiler replica. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
What kind of spoiler are you looking for my dads friend is a Ford Aftermarket Parts Supplier. Gen 2 SHO spoilers are like 40 bucks unpainted Mustang Spoilers are like 50. I can get all kinds of **** for fords for exetremely cheap but Ive never said anything before. But if you are interested I can call him for you and see what he has in stock and get you two in contact so you can save some money.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Sarah...I really like the way that looks on your old car, but I think that this spoiler is just too long, front to back. If you look at the picture of the Accord, the thing looks massive!

JR

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is what they sent back to me,I doesn't instill much confidence:

You have to drill the hold by yourself. And it is 52" wide.

Thanks
Sakura Industry

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 6:45 AM
Subject: Spoiler bolt spacing

Dear Sir or Madam;
I am writing in reference to the 1994-1997 Honda Accord Mugen Style Spoiler your company currently has on ebay. My question is what is the bolt spacing and or the mounting dimensions of this particular spoiler.

Thanks in advance,

Tony Griffin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts