Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend recently replaced the wheels on his Probe GT and has offered them to me for $100. Will the fit my 92' Sable LS?

Note: I need a reply soon

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
nope

they are the mustang/ranger bolt pattern if i remeber right, since ive seen lots of rangers with probe rims around

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:whythis: Um, that doesn't sound right. It's a 5-Bolt pattern. Of this I am sure.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, just for clarity, let's make sure we're all talking about the same wheels. Here's what I'm talking about:
Probe Wheel

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Originally posted by slider5634@Jan 18 2004, 07:15 PM
Ok, just for clarity, let's make sure we're all talking about the same wheels. Here's what I'm talking about:
Probe Wheel
Yup. Probe wheel. Probe bolt pattern is 5X114.3 With a 40mm offset. Sorry it will not fit. It sure is a cool wheel. I looked for some for my PGT but I went with a new set of ADR 16's.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well that bites. You'de think that ford would standarize things like bolt patterns and offsets amongst their cars so that things like this wouldn't come up.

I feel like :ripped:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Well, the Probe was ment to replace the Mustang so they probably used the Mustang's components instead of the Taurus/Sable stuff. They use whatever's leftover in the parts bin for new cars usually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts