Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a set of 98 sho rims from a buddy for free the other day. my car is in serious need for tires but don't want to get new ones yet do to the fact that it needs suspension work and don't want to ruin a new set of tires. the only set of good used tires is 225/60r16 but i don't know if there would be any rubbing issues with that cause i know that 215/60 and 225/55 will work. if you can please help i'm suppose to go up there later to get them but would like some insite if i'm going to have any issues.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Yeah they will fit. Make sure to post pictures! :D

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok got them put on now just going to clean them up before i take some pics. its so much better to drive with out the tires that have flat spots from sitting since feb. but so far i havn't had any rubbing issues like i thought i might have.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
You shouldn't have any rubbing issues, but your speedo will be off a bit. You'll actually be going a little bit faster than what it reads.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You shouldn't have any rubbing issues, but your speedo will be off a bit. You'll actually be going a little bit faster than what it reads.
[/b]
well i just drove my car by one of those road side speed things and it accually reads right. before with the stock 215/60r15s the speedo was off but now with the 225/60r16 its right on imagine that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts