Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GREETINGS!

I have a chance to pick up a set of "lacey" aluminum 16" rims with Really Good 225/60 Eagles on them for cheap {but i have to act fast!}

I've looked and searched and can't find an answer.
IF they will fit, any reason NOT to use 225/60/16 on the car? {duratec}
The car definitely Needs more rubber on the road - as i'm sure you know!

Many Thanks!

chris in ny:)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
GREETINGS!

I have a chance to pick up a set of "lacey" aluminum 16" rims with Really Good 225/60 Eagles on them for cheap {but i have to act fast!}

I've looked and searched and can't find an answer.
IF they will fit, any reason NOT to use 225/60/16 on the car? {duratec}
The car definitely Needs more rubber on the road - as i'm sure you know!

Many Thanks!

chris in ny:)
Chris you can use those tires fine on your car, but your speedometer will be off. What do you mean by "lacey" 16"? Pics? What kinda car did they come from?

Tire size calculator

Plug your old tire info in and see what the error % output is.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris you can use those tires fine on your car, but your speedometer will be off. What do you mean by "lacey" 16"? Pics? What kinda car did they come from?

Tire size calculator

Plug your old tire info in and see what the error % output is.
HI Nick -

Good god - I"M AN IDIOT! i can't believe i forgot that - they are from a 1994 Crown Victoria - crown vic isn't listed on the chart as a wheel that will fit - but 1994 lincoln continental is .... they were referred to as "lacey" when i was searching; lots of crossed thin "spokes" -

THAT is the most important info i need - if they will bolt on

thanks!

chris

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
HI Nick -

Good god - I"M AN IDIOT! i can't believe i forgot that - they are from a 1994 Crown Victoria - crown vic isn't listed on the chart as a wheel that will fit - but 1994 lincoln continental is .... they were referred to as "lacey" when i was searching; lots of crossed thin "spokes" -

THAT is the most important info i need - if they will bolt on

thanks!

chris
Yea Crown Vic won't work. You can get the "lacey" set of wheels from a Lincoln Continental for your 98 though...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I tried to switch wheels from a Gen3 Taurus 205/65/15 to a Gen4 Sable that had 215/60/16. The wheels didn't fit on the front because the brake calipers were rubbing against the rim, but they fit on the back fine.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
I tried to switch wheels from a Gen3 Taurus 205/65/15 to a Gen4 Sable that had 215/60/16. The wheels didn't fit on the front because the brake calipers were rubbing against the rim, but they fit on the back fine.
Yeah tell me about it! Also 15" or 14" tires won't fit on some sho's cause of brake size differences, not to mention spares have different tires sizes for different years cause of brakes.

·
Registered
338 Posts
that is not true look at the pic below

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
The brakes were upgraded larger on late 00 models going into the 01 model year.
Hence, 15's will fit on almost all 00 Taurus/Sable models, but not on any 01+ models.
SHO's already came with the larger brakes and had 16's.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts