Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there are a set of factory Lincoln LS rims that i could get my hands on. the only thing is i am not quite sure if they'd fit my gen 3 sable.

all the specs are here except for bolt pattern.

size: 16x7.5
offset: +60
Tires: 215/60/15

can any help.. the guy does not know the bolt pattern size... maybe someone on here will...

i need a new rims... i've been riding on a tiny space-saver cause one of my tires blew and flatened part of one of my rims.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wrong offset. Somewhere around 40 is perfect(if I remember correctly it's 38-45).

LS rims are made for rear wheel drive cars. Lug spacing is the same though. Tease!

·
Registered
324 Posts
So they wouldn't fit? I know that offset doesn't necessarily mean they won't fit, i believe they will need to be test fitted for clearance.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
+60mm offset is going to sit extremely far inside the wheel well, probably will rub the tire on suspension pieces, not to mention look goofy.

Look for something with a 5x108 bolt pattern, no more than 7.5" wide, and a +40 to +50 offset.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Jtk is right. I'm pretty sure that the stock offset is 42mm and even with that the tire and wheel is only about 1.5" from the strut as well as the caliper is even closer. Shave another 18mm off that (.708") and the tires are going to be super close to the strut. The caliper on my 2000 is only about half an inch away from the rim spokes and I have a feeling they're going to start :boxing: with an offset that big.

I think a 50mm offset would even be cutting it close. As for rim thickness, you can get away with an 8" no problem as long as the offset is right. The stock 215mm tires alone are 8.46" and even 225s fit no problem also at 8.86" (Gen 3 SHO).

-mobiuslogic

EDIT: I don't mean to sound racist, but with an offset that big it'll almost be reverse Mexi-truck style with their wheels hanging outside the fenders a couple of inches. You all have seen what I'm talking about.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Yeah, 60mm is too much. Usually between 35 and 45 is ideal.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help guys. i was wishing that 60 wouldn't have been too much of a offset but thought i'd double check.

anyways here is why i was asking

these woulda looked sweet with my car when i completely black it out in the near future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts