Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've been able to search here it appears that the sedan RCU does work in a wagon. I was curious if the mounting holes line up exactly the same. Thanks for the info-every time I try to search RCU + Wagon I come up with a zillion results that don't answer my question.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
The brackets on the back of the RCU are what differentiate the two. The RCU itself never changes. The threads on a wagon RCU bracket will not mount to a sedan, because a sedan has the threads welded to the body of the car and they are in different places. You will have to redrill some holes and possible saw of parts of the bracket, depending on which one you use...due to the angles and placement. What is your ultimate goal...to use a sedan RCU bracket in your wagon?

·
Registered
26 Posts
when I got my RCU it was from a 98-99 and had a different mounting hardware. I pulled off the mounting from my stock rcu and just made some new holes for the mach rcu to line up and reused the stock mounting

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it seems the junkyards jack up the price around here on the wagon RCU. Go figure. $45 for a sedan compared to $100 for the wagon. I will probably just buy the sedan and drill some new holes.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
IIRC I have a wagon mounting bracket in my storage closet...I can check if you want. Think I paid $10 for it @ the yard...

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
The MACH unit itself is no different on the wagon or the sedan, its that bracket on the bottom. 4 bolts in the same location hold the bracket on so you can bolt it on. I have a spare wagon bracket if you are looking for one...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Bull but I will just use my own brackets.

My old RCU is not going to ever be used again anyways. Thanks!:p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts