Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with purchasing the car and the parts I have already put in it I dont have the scratch to buy 4 new tires(didnt really notice that the 3 of the tires were dry rotted). This is going to be my wife's car when I put it on the road and she's driving around with our 2 children and one on the way:) so I want it to be as safe as possible.

Now..... I have the old set of rims from my 96 Tbird which have 2 almost new tires and 2 decent tires, which are the same bolt pattern and offset as the taurus/sable, but the brakes in the front look MUCH bigger than what I have on the bird. Just wondering if I could use those 15" rims/tires on the sable till I get the scratch to get new tires for the 16" rims that are on it.

And before anyone says it...... I know I should just go out and try it on, I really dont want to go yanking tires right now if it's a definate no.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Bigger rotors, better brakes, 15's won't fit...

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Well, they'll fit the rear of the car, but not the front.

See any wheel/tire deals on Craigslist?

·
Premium Member
14,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I didnt think the 15" wheels would fit. After posting I went outside and looked at the rims on it and it looks like a tight fit even with the 16's. I'm just going to replace 2 of the worse tires right now and replace the other 2 when more money comes in. I do like the rims that are on the car and am not interested in changing them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts