Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my 95 today up to SAn Jose (about 45 miles) When I was almost there, doing about 70 mph, I felt the car slow - almost like it was out of gas. It slowed to 60 and then got it's power back. I went into another lane to slow down and I lost power again, but then got it back. Each time was about 5 seconds. I got to where I was going and checked the codes - nothing. So on the way back, same thing right near home, happenned maybe twice, definately once. Gauges all reading what they should. Car has never done this before. After each time on the highway, I drove for about 10 mins in town, stop and go and it was fine. Maybe I should trade it in on a loaded 2010 SHO?

Seriously, any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Did you check the fuel pump or fuel filter? could simply be clogged.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
not too sure, but the filter is reg. maintaince, easy and cheap to replace anyway, so id start with that and see if it continues to happen.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
QUOTE (allford @ Apr 5 2009, 05:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=715463
Well, I could replace the filter but how would I check the pump?[/b]

Hook up a fuel pressure gauge in line and drive it to see if it acts funky again.

My bet is the ignition module.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rviving this thread. I have not had the power loss agian but 2 weeks ago it wouldn't start for bout 5 minutes. Then today It did it again. I noticed that I did not hear the fuel pump. So I jiggled the wires to it (right near the gas tank) and the pump came on. restarted no problem and drove her around w/no issues. I think the initial power loss that I started this thread with was the pump cutting out.
So what would cause this? Pump going? Something wierd with the wires?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts