Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's about time for new tires on my wife's taurus and I wanted to go a little wider this time. The current tires are 205/65/15 and I was thinking of going to a 225/60/15. Will they fit? Any rubbing? Is it a waste?

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went to 215/65/15 on my 96 GL wagon, both for all season and my winter snow tires on extra rims with no problems. Just check the specs for the 225's as far as diameter--you don't want to go to big as it might affect your abs and your speedo.
GrumpysGL

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to 215/65/15 on my 96 GL wagon, both for all season and my winter snow tires on extra rims with no problems. Just check the specs for the 225's as far as diameter--you don't want to go to big as it might affect your abs and your speedo.
GrumpysGL
Well, the 225 is only .1" taller so I don't think it will affect the speedo or the abs, I am just wondering if they will rub or not and if they'll fit on the stock width rim.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't think there would be any benefit from going bigger than 215 on stock rims. If I remember right they are 6" wide if that helps.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Don't think you'll have any trouble with rubbing, but sidewall roll in might look a little funky mounted on the narrow stock wheel's. Was running 225/55/16's w/7.5" aluminum rim's on my 98' with no rubbing problem's. Looked really cool, too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the size I was looking for was a little hard to come by and I needed replacement tires before winter hit. So, I went with the stock size Michelin Harmonys. So far (100 miles) they have been fantastic!

Thanks for all the input guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.