·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They work. That is all. :curse:

·
Registered
281 Posts
What do you mean "They work"? Do you mean to say that the SHO motors do not work? Do you realize you are talking about the motor with the best reliability record of all Ford engines of the past decade (not talking about the vulcan there).

And don't go dissin' the Vulcan, either. That motor's biggest problem was poor worker quality control at during assembly in the early 90's. Otherwise, it's moving on to it's third decade of use without many complaints.

And you've just got to love their excellent work ethic and those pointy ears.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Seems that almost every Vulcan owner wishes they had a SHO, but very few SHO owners wish they had Vulcans ?? I think all the SHO bashing is funny, kinda like Penis envy. Our engine has balls, your doesn't. Final word, most SHO owners do not sit around bashing SLO's (was probably one of your own coined that term)

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by FlamingTaco@Aug 31 2004, 09:04 AM
Do you mean to say that the SHO motors do not work?
[nutshell] :withstupid: [/nutshell]

I had an aggravating day yesterday. Just venting. I actually posted the whole thing over on s.h.o.com.

I think all the SHO bashing is funny, kinda like Penis envy. Our engine has balls, your doesn't.
Didja look at my signature lately? :???:

The truth of the matter is, the Vulcan is a dumb, low-tech, understressed, underachieving engine.

Which is good - it means waaaaaay less things to go wrong. The SHO is like dating a prom queen. Sexy as hell and she moves fast, but... can we say high maintenance?

J

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having trouble Tom. :( Your SHO is too awesome to have trouble. B) I plan to get a SHO as a toy car probably next summer. I keep planning to do it, then I just never do. My reason this time is the laptop that I am using to type this, lol.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Aug 31 2004, 08:30 AM

The truth of the matter is, the Vulcan is a dumb, low-tech, understressed, underachieving engine.

Amen Brother!!!

:notworthy:

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just glad it's a toy and not my daliy driver. I've never had any serious engine problems on the "Vulcan't" (my personal term for the gold car's 0-60 times :lol:, see Once Upon A Time In Mexico,).

Long story short, I'm pretty sure I threw the cam tensioner on the rear bank last night after the alignment shop told me they wouldn't align the car because of some loose suspension components. All I wanna do is drive the damn thing before I gotta put it away for the winter. :neutral:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Great movie line. I know exactly what you're talking about. I won't spoil the line for anyone else. Although it's very tempting.

And Vulcan's do suck. I hate having it. Drop stupid thing. They should do the Essex and Duratec.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by stpidhoser@Aug 31 2004, 10:11 AM
Great movie line. I know exactly what you're talking about. I won't spoil the line for anyone else. Although it's very tempting.

And Vulcan's do suck. I hate having it. Drop stupid thing. They should do the Essex and Duratec.
Why all the hatin' on the Vulcan? :huh: I guess I'm the only freak that loves their vulcan. :D Mine will run (very) high 16's in the 1/4 mile and has a calculated 8.6s 0-60. B)

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Aug 31 2004, 11:05 AM
Why all the hatin' on the Vulcan?  :huh:  I guess I'm the only freak that loves their vulcan.  :D  Mine will run (very) high 16's in the 1/4 mile and has a calculated 8.6s 0-60.  B)
You just answered your own question. A stock SHO takes about 2 seconds off both of those times.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
:( Yeah, why are you hatin' on Vulcans? I love my baby too and that's not nice. You have a Taurus just like almost all of the rest of us. :p (Even though you are right about one thing, I would give anything for an all white Gen II SHO with a MTX!) :notworthy:

B

·
0 Posts
Let's not get into the SLO vs. SHO thing guys. All Tom was trying to relate was his frustration. :)

Personally, I haven't had much trouble with my SHO's engine, and I'm not nice to it at all. The 97 Vulcan blew two headgaskets, and cracked the block because I drove it back from Lapeer last year with the trailer in tow, a leaking head gasket, doing 90 because I was pissed. It's a good engine, the head gakset issue was related to some retard at Ford deciding it didn't need a bypass tube. :rolleyes:

Each have their good points, but I'll take the SHO V6 any day. I love the Vulcan for simplicity (head gasket job in less than 6 hours, engine swap in a little over 6 hours :)). It's good at what it was designed for: a reliable workhorse that requires little maintenance. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Bob. Yeah, I'm just PO'ed right now, although I do have two SHO guys coming to the house on Saturday, so maybe it'll work out.

I never once said I was hatin' on the Vulcan. In fact, I was praising it's toughness and reliability. I'm reminded of something a wise man once told me:

"If you want something cheap and reliable, it won't be fast.
If you want something cheap and fast, it won't be reliable.
If you want something fast and reliable, it won't be cheap."

The first is the Vulcan. The second is the SHO. The third is an M5. :evil_grin:

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Originally posted by SHOMAN@Aug 31 2004, 09:29 AM
Seems that almost every Vulcan owner wishes they had a SHO, but very few SHO owners wish they had Vulcans ?? I think all the SHO bashing is funny, kinda like Penis envy. Our engine has balls, your doesn't. Final word, most SHO owners do not sit around bashing SLO's (was probably one of your own coined that term)
Take a deep breath!

Wow...

Honestly, id rather have a duratec or vulcan over a sho. Reliability is much highter than the v6 or v8 shos (can someone say " cam falure" or "Oil in plug wells"?

Plus my duratec is gonna smoke shos....

Brad :)

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Aug 31 2004, 11:18 AM
"If you want something cheap and reliable, it won't be fast.
If you want something cheap and fast, it won't be reliable.
If you want something fast and reliable, it won't be cheap."

The first is the Vulcan. The second is the SHO. The third is an M5. :evil_grin:
Lol, very true.

mmm...m5 goodnes... :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Baby SHO@Aug 31 2004, 12:20 PM
(can someone say " cam falure" or "Oil in plug wells"?
*sigh* I can... 60k is next, needed badly, and I'm only 800 miles over the 60,000 mile mark. I'm hemorrhaging cash worse than Mitsubishi.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by Baby SHO@Aug 31 2004, 11:20 AM

If you throw enough money at any car it will "smoke a SHO" but if you wanna talk straight out of the box, factory stock, very few can get the job done, for the same money spent.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Originally posted by SHOMAN+Aug 31 2004, 01:32 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SHOMAN @ Aug 31 2004, 01:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Baby SHO@Aug 31 2004, 11:20 AM

If you throw enough money at any car it will "smoke a SHO" but if you wanna talk straight out of the box, factory stock, very few can get the job done, for the same money spent. [/b][/quote]
lol...ok...whatever you say

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.