Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We paid $7400 for our 1999 Buick lesabre.
Everything works, body is next to perfect.
Kelley blue book dealer price - $11,000 (roughly)

now why the hell would they sell this so cheap? Granted, we have no warranty except the lemon law stature.

I have looked this thing up, down, inside and out. The ONLY thing wrong was the Temperature sensor was a little off. Repalced it.

One thing, i THINK the tranny has been rebuilt, but would that really depriciate the value THAT much? Any thoughts guys?

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by impatient95@Feb 13 2004, 10:02 PM
We paid $7400 for our 1999 Buick lesabre.
Everything works, body is next to perfect.
Kelley blue book dealer price - $11,000 (roughly)

now why the hell would they sell this so cheap? Granted, we have no warranty except the lemon law stature.

I have looked this thing up, down, inside and out. The ONLY thing wrong was the Temperature sensor was a little off. Repalced it.

One thing, i THINK the tranny has been rebuilt, but would that really depriciate the value THAT much? Any thoughts guys?
Dont go by the blue book value.

I dont think they are very accurate anymore, the guide says that my bull is worth 10 grand, but the trade in value is 5 grand.

American cars (in your case, GM) are cheaper these days, unless they are pickups or suvs or sportscars.

Foreign cars have high resale value and keep their value over time, thats just the reality of things.

Not to mention the fact the economy is what it is, I could have paid thousands less for my bull if I bought it today then 3 years ago.

-DC

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, i don't know the history (let the beatings begin).

BUT I cannot find a damned thing wrong with it, and as us car people, being what we are, we scrutinize everything.
My wife did say the economy in this poor town we live in sucks, but one thing on the kelley page they make you put is your ZIP.

My taurus, i bought in aug 2001, it had some defects. Been wrecked (altho NOT according to CARFAX) It's "value at the time, $7500. Same as what i paid. Now the Taurus is supposedly worth only $1,000
(95GL)

And i told you of my Buick.

I suppose the blue book is not super accurate. I am glad we bought it in the crappiest part of the season, this weather WILL bring about it's shortcomings, unless the Ac is shot, but we shall know this summer.

I am gonna have to assume it was not a police/fleet car. Why? Cause fleet/police cars are usually beat to death, my Taurus was a company car and i can tell ya it was abused to hell before i got it, i have had to nurture it back to shape (sounds like i adopted a kid or something, doesn't it?)

I don't really trust CARFAX, cause even THAT info is not always all-inclusive.

Did they have to "move" this car? I think so. It was parked facing the busy road that the dealer is located.
Can i b**** about this buick? Not one bit, I am TRYING to find problems, to no avail. Good. TCCA, thanks for your help on this issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts