Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so the Munster Car Show (NW Indiana) was today (Sat May 8) and i am showing my car in the Open (21 and under) Class and my car is as clean as it could get, without a new paint job. Jumping to the end, the results were 1st- Bone stock Camaro convertable (imacculately clean) 2nd-Ford Ranger Very clean with 18s and hydros, 3rd-an Integra with a broken front bumper, cotton everywhere in the engine as if to hide something, a shatty asss sub that is falling apart, dirty almost everywhere in the interior and a very dirty trunk. not to mention that the paint had major ornage peal to it and was everywhere. So now i am pissed because i spent hours detailing my car and he spent ten minutes and he placed and i didnt. So is there a thing against Tauri in NWI are is it just s***ty luck?

Just needed to complain.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Getting in late on this old post........

Basically, a lot of people hate the look of the Gen 3 Taurus, which was reflected in the terrible sales numbers that had them redo it for the '00 Gen 4.

Also, the Integra is viewed as a "performance-type" vehicle.....any Taurus is viewed as a rental-car leftover.

Too bad for you, but such is life!!

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Ack.

You are suffering from the "F&F" syndrome, where any car with a Japanese nameplate can nab top honors with an unpainted bodykit and "$10,000 under the hood." (i.e. a hot-air chrome induction kit.)

Don't ever get discouraged. Remember, we're the underdog, we have to fight for every inch we take. Make it the good fight. Props for entering!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the support even though now i have a scrathed up and bondoed bumper at the moment

and yes i need some more bling bling, and thats where the chrome spray paint comes in. maybe on my brothers civic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts