Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ace hardware is not only good for asking the sales guy. i want to
tie up my girlfriend for fun, what do i use?
Oh painters tape.

the newest adventure was i decided to buy a new programmable t stat for the two floors in the house.
I stop at a ace hardware in Bellingham Mass.
After walking around for a few mintues riley and i decided to ask where t stats would be.
oddly enough they are near gas line and dryer stuff. Well let me tell you there has to be 20 different types
of these things.

I start noticing they basically arethe same as the ones i have now but, then I see this beauty.
TOUCH SCREEN display with back light. on sale for 74 bucks with a 25 mail in rebate.
I couldn't resist this thing, i fell in love. the old love at first sight.
i grab two goto the register and the lady says 100 bucks, so is aid yea but i have two.
she says sir we have instant rebates nothing to send in. :eek:

i was psyched two new t stats for 100 bucks with touch screen.
At every stop light i had to read the package until riley got pissed and took them
and put them in the trunk. I'm like a fat kid in the candy store. :lol2:

[attachmentid=23087]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Sounds like me w/new software or computer (junk as my sister calls). I can't wait to read up on it and start using it. Can't say the same for reading my Psychology text book; it's good at putting you to sleep.

They built a new Ace back @ home. Really nice store, layout is logical, staff is nice. Beats going to HomeDepot or Lowes.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i use to work at an ace hardware here when it first opened up. your ace must be alot better than ours (most are owned by individual owners.) not only did we start out at minimum wage, they had people my age (back when i was 16) doing things that people that age have no business doing. we were hardly trained, and the boss was a ****. no one there knows a damn thing about hardware.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i use to work at an ace hardware here when it first opened up. your ace must be alot better than ours (most are owned by individual owners.) not only did we start out at minimum wage, they had people my age (back when i was 16) doing things that people that age have no business doing. we were hardly trained, and the boss was a ****. no one there knows a damn thing about hardware.
[/b]
the one chain i goto is rockys from what the receipt says something like 40 stores in mass, ri, conn,
nh, and florida.

wow this guy must be on the ball.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
yeah the one here sucks. they arent making any money, and the only reason he hasent closed the store is because he has a 5 year lease on the building that he can't get out of. i got hurt while working there, unloading a truck that I shouldn't have been unloading, also while i never did, they had others my age operating forklifts, which is definatly a no-no. i go in there from time to time and talk to the workers since I know them. but yeah, worse place I have ever worked.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Beats going to HomeDepot or Lowes.
[/b]
HOW DARE YOU!!! :lol2:

If no one knew, I work at Lowe's. It is hard to get good service there sometimes just because we have to deal with so many people coming at us. I have to say, instant rebates are awesome, Lowe's is awful and incredibly confusing with their mail in crap. We do know our stuff though, as we are trained extensively in each department.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i must admit i miss working at true value/ ace hardware stores cause we made customers happy and they really enjoyed coming in and like us cause we knew what we were talking about and could actually give good service then left with a smile.........now i work at home depot because i had to move for college and to be frank its okie but half the ppl there dont know what a screw is or how to do anything else expect their department and have to call for help.....ppl come in angery cause they ve been in 6 times and yell at you it really makes me really feel bad espically when im just trying to give good service and i am right and i dont want them to come back and yell at me again cause im right stop the abuse lol

Im glad u had awesomez customer service

Rogue--LOWES??? WHAT!!! lol what department? im plumbing and everything else in the store lol

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
actually i send ppl to LOWES ahahahah :D :lol2:
[/b]
lol! I will occasionally send people to Home Depot which is just down the street since my Lowe's location is not the largest and we don't have some items. There is also an Ace Hardware right next to that Home Depot and there is a Walmart right next to my Lowe's.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
hmm i think lowes and walmart are in cahoots together. they are always next to each other. here in lexington, walmart is next to lowes. in richmond walmart is next to lowes. and in nicholasville, yep you guessed it, walmart is next to lowes.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Lowes and WalMart? I only saw one example and they're relatively new. There is a Home Depot right across the street from a WalMart on my way to school/work.

Really, I don't care which store is better. I just go to whichever one is closest. Every time I go to any of those stores I'm helped by a knowledgeable person. If they don't know, they'd send me to someone who did and I got my stuff fast and easy.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh man I love lowes too, hate that bastard orange place.

When I was buying new windows for the house we went to depot to look at
anderson windows, well we left after an hour waiting for the guy to get a special
order done with another couple.

We decided to try the warwick lowes and look at pella. we go and as soon as we
walk into the window department they ask you if you need help. I tell him what
i need and order my windows. then he asks the wife how we are gettign them home,
she said a couple of trips in the truck. the guy picks up his phone and dials someone,
nex thing he tells us he arranged for free delivery.

Funny thing is it ried the seekonk Lowes but I still goto the Warwick store, i like it better.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Rocky's is the largest ACE chain in the area. I worked at Salks in Warwick (accorss from Vets Highschool). If we didn't have something, we would usually call Rockys and see if they did. Ace does indeed kick major ass.

Lowes is awesome too. The one near me now is getting irritating though. They do not carry any A/C outlets and they only ever have one manned register. You have to use the self check out and it never fails that two of the four are broke, one of the working ones has someone with 3 carts full of stuff and the other working one has an old man at it trying to figure out how to swipe his card accross the screen instead of in the card reader.

But with the only ACE around being ownde by a douchebag, and closing at like 5PM on weekdays, I am stuck with lowes. ONly other alternative is Home Depot and I refuse to buy from them.

God I miss Warwick.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Ace is expensive but it usually beats having to drive to another town.

I've never even seen a Lowe's, but we have this wonderful paradise known as Mills Fleet Farm.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
Beats going to HomeDepot or Lowes.
[/b]
HOW DARE YOU!!! :lol2:

If no one knew, I work at Lowe's. It is hard to get good service there sometimes just because we have to deal with so many people coming at us. I have to say, instant rebates are awesome, Lowe's is awful and incredibly confusing with their mail in crap. We do know our stuff though, as we are trained extensively in each department.
[/b][/quote]

They must train better wherever you live. The people that work in the Lowes near me are dumber than a goddamn box of rocks. If I have to answer a customer's questions about electrical fixtures because the idiot in the electrical department doesn't know what a GFCI receptacle does, there's problems. The other problem I have with Lowes is that, from an operations standpoint, they're organized to make sense to a woman, ie, a woman can find things logically in the store. Home Depot, on the other hand, is organized for contractors, so things are grouped differently in a way that contractors and people who know what they're talking about can find them. I'm not being sexist or anything, this is serious operations management research that I'm talking about.

I can never find a damn thing in Lowes. Home Depot, no problem.

However, Home Depot will be sponsoring Tony Stewart next year when he moves to Toyota. I now suck it up and go to Lowe's, because I don't want to give my money to HD anymore.

JR

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
We had a Ace/Murray's Auto Parts combo close to my old house. I loved that store, it had everything. Now its just the same-old Murray's.

We have a Tru-Value Hardware that is owned by a Jerk. Otherwise, its Home Depot for me. I don't love any of these stores. Every one of them seems to be lacking something. Its too bad there isn't a one-size-fits-all hardware store that is good at everything.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts