Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a friend with a 98 or 99 Taurus with a blown tranny, otherwise it WAS running fine. No stickers, so I assume it is a Vulcan. Body has a little rust, but it's not much and not that bad.

The owner wants to GIVE it to me, I want a couple parts off it, but that's all. I have no need for a tenth car.
Yeah - 10 of the darn things, all Fords. SOMEBODY has to support the American car market, but I'm FULL.

I will only take in this critter if someone will PROMISE me to take it away within the next week.

If there is interest, I'll bother to find out some more about it.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Any SHO you want to drive to my place? :)

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (SilverThunder @ Mar 20 2009, 09:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=710643
Any SHO you want to drive to my place? :)[/b]
The SHO's aren't 'free'.

QUOTE (SteveRC @ Mar 20 2009, 02:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=710699
Good - I'm also in the Western burbs, by 290 and 355.

Just let me know. :thumb:[/b]

As promised, More info. This is more than just a parts car.

YES, I took in the car. And I'm taking the mirrors too, but that's it. This is a complete running car otherwise, I just don't need 10 friggen cars!

It's a 99. It has 120k on it. The body has one rust spot over the driver's side rear wheelwell. It is missing one hubcap. The interior is complete but nasty dirty, gray cloth. There is a Sony 10 disk changer attached with a remote but the disk caddie is missing.
The 3.0 V6 runs well, and I actually drove the car. The tranny keeps popping in and out and seems to have very new fluid in it, so I believe the tranny is smoked and the previous owner already tried the usual fixes.

The car is much nicer than I thought it was, but true to my word, I'll still give it away. I WOULD like to see a respectable donation to the TCCA by whoever picks it up, please.

Contact me in this thread or at [email protected]

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ok - but lemme guess at the reason for the mirrors......

Ice jacked the glass? Same problem here. :lol2:

Taking "care" of it after parts have been had is no problem, scrap is still worth enough to make it worth it.

I'm ok with a donation, what denomination did you have in mind? If you wish to make this more private use email.

[email protected]

:thumb:

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I don't know if anyone else locally needs parts but the yards don't seem to have things like the cruise control buttons (same for 99 as 97?) or the plastic controls for the driver power seat (the buttons were broken off mine by the cold and an ice scraper that got stuck).

QUOTE (SteveRC @ Mar 20 2009, 08:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=710789

Taking "care" of it after parts have been had is no problem, scrap is still worth enough to make it worth it.

I'm ok with a donation, what denomination did you have in mind? If you wish to make this more private use email.

[email protected]

:thumb:[/b]

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (SteveRC @ Mar 20 2009, 08:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=710789

[email protected]

:thumb:[/b]
You've got Email

·
Registered
80 Posts
Affirmative, probably ttyl this morning. I am on call Sundays so it may be a hit or miss......

:thumb:

BTW for the others that need parts, get your laundry list ready. I need wheel bearings and a rack, probably some other items as I look it over for my Sable. The rest will be scrapped so if there are other requests time to speak up!!!!

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Deal is done, Steve has the car and title.

Money will be coming to TCCA shortly, it's all good!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't know if anyone else locally needs parts but the yards don't seem to have things like the cruise control buttons (same for 99 as 97?) or the plastic controls for the driver power seat (the buttons were broken off mine by the cold and an ice scraper that got stuck).

Sorry this one has neither. No cruise control and manual seat.....

:werd:

I forgot to ask about the cams for the Duratec. THOSE are cast pieces, right??? :noes:

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (SteveRC @ Mar 22 2009, 09:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711295
QUOTE (Jeremiah @ Mar 20 2009, 09:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=710793
I don't know if anyone else locally needs parts but the yards don't seem to have things like the cruise control buttons (same for 99 as 97?) or the plastic controls for the driver power seat (the buttons were broken off mine by the cold and an ice scraper that got stuck).[/b]

Sorry this one has neither. No cruise control and manual seat.....

:werd:

I forgot to ask about the cams for the Duratec. THOSE are cast pieces, right??? :noes:
[/b][/quote]
Yep. Only Taurus that has camshaft issues is the V8 SHO. HOWEVER, if your timing chain broke (highly unlikely...I think), you'd be in the same boat with the SHO because I believe the 'Tec is also an interference engine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well that is a relief. Back in the daze of the G2's I did work a short stint (or is that stink?) at a Ford dealer as a tech. The SHO's were not a very common item there - Mustangs were the thing and they still are. Not that our esteemed member ImE1 has anything to worry about.....

:rofl2:

My 'tec has over 129k on her with one of the smoothest running petroleum running engines I have ever seen. That is after 10 years as an auto mechanic and almost 20 years as a tower. Would like to see this one keep running a while longer.....

:dunno:

Back to the post, it was a pleasure doing business Eric. Probably see ya around being you are only 15 miles from my base.

Anyone else need parts? I will probably keep working on this thing through the week and this weekend. Will be on vaca next week though.

This Bull has a very nice running Vulcan, trans is slipping. Steel wheels, good body, only accy is power windows. Has a couple extra doors in it (same color)......

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Steve -
Still got that CD changer in the trunk? I think I have a use for it.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
QUOTE (SteveRC @ Mar 23 2009, 06:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711383
Well that is a relief. Back in the daze of the G2's I did work a short stint (or is that stink?) at a Ford dealer as a tech. The SHO's were not a very common item there - Mustangs were the thing and they still are. Not that our esteemed member ImE1 has anything to worry about.....

:rofl2:

My 'tec has over 129k on her with one of the smoothest running petroleum running engines I have ever seen. That is after 10 years as an auto mechanic and almost 20 years as a tower. Would like to see this one keep running a while longer.....

:dunno:

Back to the post, it was a pleasure doing business Eric. Probably see ya around being you are only 15 miles from my base.

Anyone else need parts? I will probably keep working on this thing through the week and this weekend. Will be on vaca next week though.

This Bull has a very nice running Vulcan, trans is slipping. Steel wheels, good body, only accy is power windows. Has a couple extra doors in it (same color)......

[/b]
I may have to see about one of those doors -- my LR door has a borked closing mechanism (the tensioner that holds it open) and the power lock hardly (if ever) works on that one door.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (SteveRC @ Mar 24 2009, 05:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711881
QUOTE (Zenriddles @ Mar 24 2009, 12:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=711812
Hey Steve -
Still got that CD changer in the trunk? I think I have a use for it.[/b]

Yes - it is still missing the CD caddy though. The remote is still on the dash (just as you remember)....
[/b][/quote]

DIBBS! All I need is the box. Call me. I work in Carol Stream.

Also - I feel it proper to warn you, Steve. Don't turn this into a "part out for profit thread" unless you make the proper donation as a classified. I think it's still ok to give away parts before a car goes to the crusher, however.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not a problem. Only those that can drive over and pull the parts can do. Nothing personal but after work I really don't even want to work on my own cars!!!! :dunno:

Once done it is going to be with God.......

BTW I can drop it off at the house, right? You certain you do not need the cabling or the control? Not a big deal as long as it can be anytime....

:x:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts