Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
come to HIN at epping saturday because i dont have a video camera.

but i would like to get a good video camera that can take pictures, but i know nothing about cameras anyone got a suggestion, good durable but a good speaker is a must.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
How loud did it end up being?

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
I got a JVC HDD camcorder. No media to buy FTW

Take a vid with your phone.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ May 6 2009, 09:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723241
Take a vid with your phone.[/b]
I'd advise against that. I wouldn't want a low quality phone vid ruining the representation of what could be a good sounding exhaust. I advised him on the setup, and feel it has the potential to sound pretty good. A crummy phone vid would cause folks to start throwing out accusations that he pulled another "knott" move, and did a crappy exhaust setup.

Bob, ask around and see if your friends have a decent digicam that takes vids.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
QUOTE (FFVulcanPowah @ May 6 2009, 08:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723245
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ May 6 2009, 09:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723241
Take a vid with your phone.[/b]
I'd advise against that. I wouldn't want a low quality phone vid ruining the representation of what could be a good sounding exhaust. I advised him on the setup, and feel it has the potential to sound pretty good. A crummy phone vid would cause folks to start throwing out accusations that he pulled another "knott" move, and did a crappy exhaust setup.

Bob, ask around and see if your friends have a decent digicam that takes vids.
[/b][/quote]
:(

I just wanna hear it.....

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its VERY VERY VERY LOUD, too loud to keep i think, because the muffler isnt even broken in yet.

it sounds like a v8 at idle then a g35 or probe gt from theyre.

5k rpms just sounds absolutely incredible, its that racey vq sound with rasp but not honda rasp the powerful sounding rasp, sounds just like the two vids i posted above, and ill look around for a camera.

and thank you mark for the advice really worked out great, hitting the rev limiter at 6300 rpms in neutral set of 4 car alarms on my street yesterday and sounded like a gun shot when it back fired..... its SILLY!

anyways the 40-60mph drone is god awful, thats the only reason i wont keep it like this, i might just for kicks put the stock resonator where the stock muffler used to be, the way i cut it out it fits perfect. ill keep you guys updated and get a vid asap.

btw my car sounds very similar to marks ffv reving up (the one were her really revved it up in the garage)

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just found an old panasonic palmcorder in my closet!!! little old but it will do the job just gotta get a data cable for it.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I have a Panasonic SDR-S7

Really small, good for the price. Only major issue is that it records in some wierd hybrid Mpeg2 format. It comes with software and you can use it to convert it to regular Mpeg2, but still, a little annoying. And if I use moviemaker (not compatible with Mpeg 2), I have to convert it a 2nd time to AVI, then it gets converted a 3rd time to WMV after editing, so the quality is hurt. The sound though, is excellent, and it records in stereo!

Here's 2 videos for comparison:

Here's one I took at All-Star Speedway this past weekend, I didn't use moviemaker so I only transcoded the file once (weird hybrid mpeg2 to regular mpeg2) before uploading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4xSON4HJyM (watch in high quality or the point of this comparison is lost)

Here's one I took at the Governor's Cup at Lee USA Speedway. I edited these with moviemaker, so the file was transcoded 3 times before the upload:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiWvAcHC1qQ

Again, watch in high quality or the point of the comparison is lost.

Just listen to how great the sound is. The camera is small enough to fit into a big pocket. It's about twice as fat as my cell phone and just as long. I see that you have found a camera, but for future reference, if you're looking for a decently priced camera that you could carry to places (like car shows) in your pocket, this one is pretty good.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this camera we have had since about 2000 but its a full video camera its not small. its a the panasonic pv-dv100

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i decided that it was too loud and wanted to try putting the stock resonator where the muffler goes....

quite a bit quieter under 4k and then SUPER DEATH RASP!!?!?!

did i put the resonator backwards or something? (dont even know if they are directional)

but i just want to keep it till i have the money to do something better although i already miss the highrpms of the straight pipes.... the drones just too bad. ill mad a vid with and without the stock res on the back.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (s2knott @ May 6 2009, 10:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723389
well i decided that it was too loud and wanted to try putting the stock resonator where the muffler goes....

quite a bit quieter under 4k and then SUPER DEATH RASP!!?!?!

did i put the resonator backwards or something? (dont even know if they are directional)

but i just want to keep it till i have the money to do something better although i already miss the highrpms of the straight pipes.... the drones just too bad. ill mad a vid with and without the stock res on the back.[/b]
They are typically directional if they have one end larger than the other. alot of the guys around here gut a glass pack and put it on with the large end toward the tail and the smaller end from the engine.. it gives them the annoying popping loud exploding my truck sounds like its ###### misfiring sound they like to make them feel secure about their lack of endowments.

btw, did you get footage of it before you ###### it up? I seriously wanna hear this. (no i'm not bagging on you. I think this is pretty badass.)

Also, if its too loud, put resonators on the end pipes to absorb the excess sound and rasp. then just weld tips on to the resonators.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so i went to autozone and just got a straight pipe and i already had a nice tip, so i got rid of the resonator.

when deliver pizza last night i got over 5 complements on it, people saying it sounds "f-ing beastly!"

sounds like a v8 at idle and REAAAAAAALLLLY deep till 4k then it just transforms to that probe gt w headers sound, its great.

only one problem....a slight kick of rasp right when it shifts into 2nd and the rpms come down, so i try and play the gas pedal a bit different.

and my camera is not digital, and i cant find a tape for it...... SOMEONE COME TO HIN WITH A CAMERA!!! haha

btw when i do make an exhaust video it will be great, because ive got the xcal 3 so i can rev to 6300 or so.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Make an exhaust clip of you driving it. Sitting and revving is no fun.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lets just talk about a crowd of 20 poeple around my car listening to be outrev a 350z with hks exhaust!

sounded better and louder and people were crapping their pants.

literally i got over 25 people coming up to my window asking WTF i had in the damn car, it was a blast!

and going through the tunnels in boston..........jesus couldnt scream louder than my exhaust.

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
2000Sable Posted Today, 07:12 PM
So, no audio for us?[/b]
I don't need it, do you, really. I'm more interested in the upcoming thread or the addition to this one where he says he HAD to change it because he got pulled over for being louder than Jesus himself.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its weird though its only that loud over 3500rpms, the second i let of the gas the car is quiet, and its not very loud at idle either.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts