Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
You're not the only one! I've been hit from behind in the '92 (2 years ago). Other than that, no accidents in any Taurus ever. :)

I've had a number of close calls recently though. On the way to work last week, the guy in front of me rear-ended the guy in front of him. Fortunately, the upgraded brakes and ABS kept me about 12" from his bumper, and the guy behind me was able to get over into the lane next to me, so I didn't get hit.

And I've had several pedestrians wander out in front of me, almost daring me to hit them. Stupid Germantown. :blink:

And, not to point fingers, but I do get fed up with people who post sob-stories about how they got into an unfortunate accident, and it turns out they were driving like an a** and it was bound to happen. I know it's only a minority of people around here, but I think it's pathetic how everyone offers condolences and convinces them it's OK to turn the brain off while behind the wheel. I have a friend like that... he's convinced he has bad luck. I'm convinced he doesn't know how to drive, and I tell him that frequently.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
I agree with you 100% perry. ppl with more than one at fault accident should be suspended from driving for one year and have to retake drivers ed. I think it's more now adays with kids now getting newer or slightly new vechicles and thinking there the king of the road and not taking the responsibility seriously. They do this cause mommy or daddy will take care of it by getting them out of it or paying for the damages. Yes i have done some stupid stuff in my cars but they were mostly late at night with destered roads were now was at risk except myself(and none of it involved DUI or anything related to that). Then there's just the plai horrible drivers who get into accidents and then whine and b**** that it wasn't there fault or that something or someone else caused it. If your accident prone just hand the keys over b4 you kill someone. My uncles and sarah's father were almost killed by careless and impaired drivers. So everyone please try and be more careful because you could end up ruining a family by doing something stupid. SO in closing please stop hitting s*** so my insurance can go down and i can get a new car DAMNIT! :angry:

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
:???:

I did not crash my car. My father was in the vehicle, stopped at a yield sign, and was rear-ended. Insurance faulted him 0%. There's a reason they're called accidents, y'know. Nobody goes out of their way to get their car wrecked and put their life at risk on purpose.

J

·
0 Posts
I hear ya guys! I agree, careless driving is getting ridiculous anymore. I like to consider myself a pretty good driver. I've only ever had one *knocks on wood* "at-fault" (no citation, just insurance increase) accident and it only involved me, snow, ice and a curb. <_< My recent problems were caused by mother nature, gotta love Ohio weather and hail damage. :angry: Oh well, that's life i guess. I finally feel like I'm getting something in exchange for paying $1800/year in insurance! :blink:

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Alex_Perry+May 24 2004, 12:16 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alex_Perry @ May 24 2004, 12:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jason8225@May 24 2004, 12:09 AM
$1800/year
try $2850/year (my last company wanted $4800/year) [/b][/quote]
Is that Canadian $ or US? Either way... ouch! :blink:

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I havent and I pay 2500 a year.

-DC

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
You guys better quit it with the insurance #s, before some NYC, NJ, and Philly TCCAers put the smack down. :p

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Michigan has it the worse since were a no fault state we pay more per year than most states due because of it. I pay 300 a month for plpd on 2 cars that are both more than a dozen years old. :(

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by Tman@May 24 2004, 12:34 AM
Michigan has it the worse since were a no fault state we pay more per year than most states due because of it. I pay 300 a month for plpd on 2 cars that are both more than a dozen years old. :(
Same here, and then some. Seriously, if you are going bummer for bummer in the context of insurance, it's hard to beat NYC/NJ/Philly.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by Tman@May 23 2004, 10:34 PM
I grew up literally one mile from the Indiana/Michigan line, and was hit my a Michigan hick. Everyone from my town hated MI drivers because they would either

1. speed like they were driving Grandpa's farm truck on a dirt road, or

2. Drive like an eighty-three year-old woman who can't see over the steering wheel nor reach the freakin gas pedal. Oh, she can reach the brake pedal, alright, but not the gas.

Even living here in IL, everytime I get cutoff my some moron in a rustbucket, I still call them a Michigan driver. And funny enough, many times they actually have blue liscence plates. (Sidenote - didn't MI drop the blue plates about five or six years ago, but yet I still see cars with them on? Wassup wit Dat?)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Still have a virgin Sable after nine years... And a virgin Mustang after 20.

My insurance costs about $240 every six months. For each of my three cars. Yes, I'm old. No, I've not gotten any tickets or accidents. I'm just a better driver than the J.O.'s with whom I'm sharing the roads...

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain+May 24 2004, 12:23 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (silvapain @ May 24 2004, 12:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tman@May 23 2004, 10:34 PM
I grew up literally one mile from the Indiana/Michigan line, and was hit my a Michigan hick. Everyone from my town hated MI drivers because they would either

[/b][/quote]
One mile away??? Where did you live? Michigan City is like... one mile away from New Buffalo, MI....

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yes i have done some stupid stuff in my cars but they were mostly late at night with destered roads were now was at risk except myself
I think i understood this, im not sure...

So you mean to say that if you would have died in a wreck, it would of been ok because you were the only one affected? What about your family? What about rescue crews that have to see your body for the next mile along that road?

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit+May 24 2004, 04:35 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Firespirit @ May 24 2004, 04:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2004, 12:23 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Tman
@May 23 2004, 10:34 PM

One mile away??? Where did you live? Michigan City is like... one mile away from New Buffalo, MI.... [/b][/quote]
Elkhart, IN. Just on the other side of South Bend from you. North of the Toll Road.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts