Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello:
i am a bling guy and i am a 'make sure things don't malfunction and fall off due to bling' guy. more than anything i would love white wall tires but they r like sorta non existent and pricey.

saw a car go by on the Sam cooper freeway and the light struck the wheels and i am now fixated on getting bull white rims. i know nothing about rims or strength or anything and i want my stock rims or rather the new white rims to perform the same way as m stock rims.

what is good way to start white rim shopping [m strictly hetero, BTW] while still attempting to match the oem performance, would you say [again, straight man here]. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,808 Posts
^^^^^ Agreed.

·
Registered
9,652 Posts
hello:
i am a bling guy and i am a 'make sure things don't malfunction and fall off due to bling' guy. more than anything i would love white wall tires but they r like sorta non existent and pricey.

saw a car go by on the Sam cooper freeway and the light struck the wheels and i am now fixated on getting bull white rims. i know nothing about rims or strength or anything and i want my stock rims or rather the new white rims to perform the same way as m stock rims.

what is good way to start white rim shopping [m strictly hetero, BTW] while still attempting to match the oem performance, would you say [again, straight man here]. :)
I Painted these silver to cover corrosion, and it worked well. Just as easy to paint them white. Little to no chance to find them now, but I had '87 Sable LS "monochrome" white. Basket weave alloy painted white. I think they only came on the "monochrome" style car.

-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Powdercoat or plastidip your rims?
plastidip would be the entire surface, right? would that affect the seal or the rubber that touched the plastidip?

i think the plastidip sounds the best so far. would plastidip last over paint? and the paint is a can of spray paint, is all? that sounds good, too, actually.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Powdercoating is apparently stronger than paint so maybe that if you are able.
Plastidipping is done with a spraycan, you can leave the tire on the rim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts