Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to post this article because it tickled my funny bone!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20647

It really confirms something that I'm sure we all knew already! I really like how the Obama admin said Chrysler's plan was too rosey and overly optimisitc... That reminds me of those phamplets they presented to Congress when they were asking for the money, and they had the artist drawings of the new Cherokee and 300c and little speech bubbles were around it that said "All new for 2010!" "Fuel saving cylinder deactivation!" "attractive new looks!".

Oh, the White House also said that Chrysler is small enough to fail... I guess this is the end for Chrysler.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
It took real effort to go from the 1970's Dodge leadership in quality to the 1990's "We've got a great idea! Let's ruin it with cheap crap!"

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Hopefully someone will buy Jeep, thats the only Chrysler product I like. I wont mind if Chrysler or Dodge name brands disappear.

mmm... Mabye Ford should buy jeep...

That would be sweet, haha.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (animex2 @ Mar 30 2009, 12:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713651
Hopefully someone will buy Jeep, thats the only Chrysler product I like. I wont mind if Chrysler or Dodge name brands disappear.

That would be sweet, haha.[/b]
Ford should do exactly what it's been doing... Concentrating on their main brand and building great cars... Ford got too big with Aston Martin, Land Rover, Volvo, etc!

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
QUOTE (mmmfloorpie @ Mar 30 2009, 12:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713660
QUOTE (animex2 @ Mar 30 2009, 12:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713651

That would be sweet, haha.[/b]
Ford should do exactly what it's been doing... Concentrating on their main brand and building great cars... Ford got too big with Aston Martin, Land Rover, Volvo, etc!
[/b][/quote]

This is true. I just want someone good to buy jeep. if GM buys it its just gonna be another **** product.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
I'm very proud of Ford and their not needing any government money to keep on keeping on. No one is talking about Ford's CEO stepping down. :smile:

Hell, GM and Dodge leadership should have done what the Japanese do when things like this happen, take all the blame, as they should, and resign. No one should have to ask them to resign.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Ask Dave about the quality of his old 300C!!! :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Chrysler is coming out with some new models and redesigns in the near future. Some of those are the electric cars, the new charger, Cherokee, and also sebring/avenger. If all or most of those cars suck or have poor reliability than they need to be left for dead. Hopefully some Fiats will find their way stateside however because they appear to be pretty nice cars.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (duraSEL @ Mar 30 2009, 03:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713716
Ask Dave about the quality of his old 300C!!! :rolleyes2:[/b]
He has had problems? Interesting...

Apart from the 200 that was introduced at the Chicago auto show, I don't see much in Chrysler's future... The new 300 is just the old one with a facelift and so is the Cherokee... I havent heard of a new Charger and Challenger though...?

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
QUOTE (2000Sable @ Mar 30 2009, 02:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713671
I'm very proud of Ford and their not needing any government money to keep on keeping on. No one is talking about Ford's CEO stepping down. :smile:

Hell, GM and Dodge leadership should have done what the Japanese do when things like this happen, take all the blame, as they should, and resign. No one should have to ask them to resign.[/b]
...AND then commit Hara Kiri! :rofl2:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
whole host of problems heres the topic

http://taurusclub.com/forum/index.php?show...25&start=25

list o problems

Thus far this 2008 Chrysler Rubbishmobile has had the following issues...
•Throws random codes. There is no issue but the codes keep coming back. The dealership is stumped, Chrysler is stumped.
•Stereo's handsfree doesn't work and Chrysler has YET to send a replacement stereo
•Because of this the hands free "UConnect" goes crazy while driving. I'll be driving down the road and will hear "Uconnect! Uconnect! UConnect! Uconnect" repeatedly until I pull over
•When this happens all my gauges stop working, my auto wipers go on hi
•Randomly the headlights will turn off even if I have manual control of them. Dash lights and all
•The heated seats turn themselves on
•The heated seats will sometimes not turn on when you hit the power button
•The "4 Cylinder Mode" will not work at random points. Oher times it locks in 4 cylinder mode. Its murder trying to move that heavy thing on 4 cylinders only
•It thinks the O2 sensors are bad even tho they aren't. Therefore it drinks gas like crazy. 100 miles uses an entire tank
•The stereo will freeze randomly or turn up volume by itself. I can't turn it off without stopping the car and restarting
•The car literally dies. Its like it loses all power. It shuts completely off. In motion or not.
•Since it thinks the O2's are bad, it runs like crap.
•It has random spats of not starting. It'll run the starter continously even with the key out of the ignition. It ran for 2 minutes straight the last time.
•The horns are awful and breaking. The one note gets gradually lower and lower if you honk it. It also causes the entire car to shake like crazy.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Holy Crap Dude! Lemon Law that POS before it's too late! Call your states AG office if they won't take it back.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
QUOTE (drh1957 @ Mar 30 2009, 05:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=713758
Holy Crap Dude! Lemon Law that POS before it's too late! Call your states AG office if they won't take it back.[/b]
he doesnt have it anymore, he is now the proud owner of a lincoln. :)

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
mmmm. My family is doing their part for Ford. My dad will be picking up a 2009 Escape sometime this week. B)

(sorry to hijack :ph34r: )

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
there were a few chrysler cars I liked....I always liked the neons, and those 300ms were awesome cars.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
My parent's are also Dodge. Durango lease is up, and they were planning on buying another Dodge. After test driving everything on the lot, and having so much go wrong (even trim pieces falling off of brand new vehicles), they've decided to buy a Ford Edge or Taurus X. The price was right and the quality is there.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I doubt Chrysler as we know it will last all that much longer. I don't think the name will die, but it'll be a different company entirely.

Chrysler hasn't made a car I would buy with my on money since the 300M was discontinued. The only thing they make right now that is both attainable and remotely interesting to me is the 300/Charger/Challenger. (I say attainable because the Viper is definitely interesting :))

At least from my point of view, Chrysler doesn't have an appealing, competitive line of products right now. Therefore, not enough people want to buy their cars, and so they don't have the money to develop appealing, competitive products. It's a vicious cycle that ends with the death of a once-great car manufacturer.

I still think they need to focus on only a few products, make then ASTONISHINGLY good, and kill the rest. The only class for which Chrysler still pops into my mind is minivans. Even then, I don't think it's really the best - even though its the olny half-decent attempt at a real minivan by an American company.

One of their biggest problems in my opinion is that they have no midsize bread-and-butter sedan. The Sebring and Avenger feel like they were (to rip off Jeremy Clarkson) "designed in a coffee break by people who hate cars." They just arent competive, from the day they came out - you have to turn down a lot of more competitive cars from other manufacturers at the same price to choose one. I'm fairly certain they can be scientifically proven to be ugly as sin.

I REALLY hope their partnership with Fiat gets them a good small car.

p.s. Bring back Alfa plz. Kthxbye. :lol2:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts