Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of the drab boring blue? Go white
Ill have a few pics to put up to turn stock guages, to white instead of that nasty horrible blue.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, here is the result of about 3 hours worth of work. Now that I know what needs to be done and how things work, if I ever have to do it again it should not take more than 2 hours.

OUT WITH THE BLUE! WOOHOO! The color you see is regular incadescent bulbs that are stock in the cluster for illumination. Whenever I get round to ordering the white LEDS, it will make a more dramatic improvement.

Any questions?

Here are the pics, enjoy!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty simple. I had 4 other clusters lying around. One was a "tester" and for parts incase I broke anything. I just decided earlier to day to see what happens when I play around with the faces. Come to find out, making them "clear/white" is as simple as scratching off a lotto ticket!

I didn't try this before because I thought the blue was "built in" and could not be removed. Actually its a very thing layer on the back of the guages and scraps of really easy with a one minute soaking of nail polish remover. After that, you just take a q-tip dunked in nail polish remover and clean it up before you put it back in place.

Thats it really.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you leave it sit, it will. I used it to clean up some "greasy" spots and didnt have a problem. I didn't cover the faces either. I just flipped them over and scratched away.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Do you have a pictuer of the back of the G3/4 guages? he back of the G1/2 guages have the blue paint/plastic on the backside of the actual guages.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts