Well, here is the result of about 3 hours worth of work. Now that I know what needs to be done and how things work, if I ever have to do it again it should not take more than 2 hours.
OUT WITH THE BLUE! WOOHOO! The color you see is regular incadescent bulbs that are stock in the cluster for illumination. Whenever I get round to ordering the white LEDS, it will make a more dramatic improvement.
Pretty simple. I had 4 other clusters lying around. One was a "tester" and for parts incase I broke anything. I just decided earlier to day to see what happens when I play around with the faces. Come to find out, making them "clear/white" is as simple as scratching off a lotto ticket!
I didn't try this before because I thought the blue was "built in" and could not be removed. Actually its a very thing layer on the back of the guages and scraps of really easy with a one minute soaking of nail polish remover. After that, you just take a q-tip dunked in nail polish remover and clean it up before you put it back in place.